PDA

View Full Version : Would like to buy MB 5, 6, or 7

hanke1
04-20-2007, 09:47 PM
I was about to buy MB 7 standard, then Autodesk bought out Alias and now there is no standard version. I can't afford MB7.5 (pro version).

I heard a lot of negatives about license transfers so I'm not sure if that affects buying MB from another user who would like to sell theirs. I figure I wouldn't be able to upgrade, but that is OK. Any info regarding this would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Hank
hanke1@pacbell.net

skritter
04-20-2007, 11:27 PM
I own 5.5., and the why I understand it there is no transfer of license legally. That was the way when Kadara owned it

I believe Autodesk has that principal with their software anyway.

softdistortion
04-21-2007, 09:45 PM
There's no problem issues with ownership transfer...you don't really even need to transfer ownership, technically, since the 3rd party activation we fought Autodesk for is now working on any 5/5.5 STD installs you need. In fact,my experience is activation works faster /better now than it did before they killed standard off. :D

You should get a written transfer of ownership anyways, to help keep the previous owner honest -not copy/activate the same software on their computer in the future.

How long 3rd party activation will last is another question.

Another problem will be finding a person willing to sell their copy of 5 STD.

Lewi
04-23-2007, 04:29 PM
Hi, I'd advise you to get MB 5 or 5.5 as MB 6.0 was a waste of money due to its complete instability which made it unusable for most people.

CGTalk Moderation
04-23-2007, 04:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.