PDA

View Full Version : CS3 Poly limit?!

Ricky15
04-20-2007, 10:02 PM
so now that we can import 3d models into CS3.... does any have a clue of the poly limit on it.... is it all video card?

AdamantiumKnot
04-21-2007, 02:15 AM
i'm not sure. but i'll hopefully know in the next 24 hrs. i purchased it an hour ago, it's still downloading from adobe. 3+ gigs.

PhuongDPh
04-21-2007, 10:11 AM
3+ gigs. :eek:
is that the full Adobe Creative Suite ? ( many softwares )

DorisDay
04-21-2007, 05:26 PM
Not sure on the poly limit but it's pretty decent, open a new doc, then go to Layer>>3D Layers>>New Layer from 3D file...

Just search for a model & import it...

AdamantiumKnot
04-21-2007, 05:53 PM
:eek:
is that the full Adobe Creative Suite ? ( many softwares )

i purchased the cs3 web premium package.

anyways, it's really simple, really straight forward. it's nice to see the results practically real time. you still have to unwrap models, obviously, but you don't have to flip back and forth between max and photoshop. no tweaking the texture in ps, flipping to 3dsm, render, retweak. now just tweak texture, save, retweak. it takes out a lot of the guess work.

i know there was concern about everyone trying to break into 3-d and texturing because of support in photoshop now, but bottom line is you still have to know what you're doing. it just cuts out the flipping back and forth between programs.

my only question is can you leave the 3d pallet open somehow instead of having to go to layer > transform 3d or whatever, every time?

Jensen
04-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Have you found a way to paint directly on the model (like bodypaint)? I was under the impression that you could do it with this, but so far I haven't been able to get it going.

Actually I've yet to see a texture on my models... Every obj I import is bland grey.

AdamantiumKnot
04-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Nope, can't paint directly on it.

When you import an object just make sure you exported a uvw template (i'm working in max) with it and copy it into whichever texture layer so you have a base to work with. if a model has already been textured and you import it, the layer will still be blank so you just have to copy the original work over to the new layer.

CGTalk Moderation
04-23-2007, 11:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.