PDA

View Full Version : maya help_flickering glows

eonflux
03-11-2003, 04:22 PM
I'm a new user to Maya- just started taking 3d classes at college- question I have is I'm using glows on a couple of items and they are causing each other to flicker. My teacher says I have to turn off auto focus but neither he nor I could find it anywhere- even the Maya Help Page talked about the auto focus for shaderglows but doesn't tell you where to find it. Can anyone please help- since my teacher couldn't find it he says he won't count off for it but I would like to know anyway.
Thanks,
Eon

Signal2Noise
03-11-2003, 04:29 PM
Funny how the 'teacher' mentions autofocus but can't even find it. Hopefully these courses aren't costing you much :)

Anyway, I'm not in front of Maya right now but you would get better responses if you post in the Maya forum.

nisse
03-11-2003, 04:50 PM
I think it's called auto exposure or something similar. If you go to the hypershade and then look for the attributes of GlowShader you should be able to find the setting

Jozvex
03-11-2003, 10:36 PM
Yep, nisse is right.

Go into the Hypershade, double click on the Shader Glow node, and right there in the main options uncheck Auto Exposure.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.