PDA

View Full Version : Cool free "Keytrack" typr tool

proton
03-11-2003, 02:32 PM
"Kit Cut works as a tool-set for quickly edit keyframes in a most natural way. With Kit Cut you will find how quick you can edit key frames without any tricky operation within Graphic Editor.

Kit Cut is mainly composed by 2 parts
Direct Edit scripts, they operate directly in the time bar and reside under generic plugins (they should be mapped on your keyboard for a more comfortable use).
-Cut\Copy\Paste Keys
-Insert\Kill Frames
-Create\Delete Keys"
lw75 Intel Mac lwfree lwlyt

http://www.ray-t.it/Lscript/LWplugs.htm

Irie
03-11-2003, 02:47 PM
sweet! thx! im grabbin it now

EDIT: Linky no worky :shrug:

proton
03-11-2003, 02:49 PM
I just clicked on this link and it worked for me :shrug:

Irie
03-11-2003, 02:51 PM
is that all it takes? shit man... the touch of proton and the link works again.

:airguitar

proton
03-11-2003, 02:57 PM
LOL:eek:

Bytehawk
03-11-2003, 04:20 PM
kewl

Mike RB
03-11-2003, 04:56 PM
IT is cool, but the selections sets are what I would really miss out of keytrak....

proton
03-11-2003, 05:19 PM
any other comments Mike.....I know you use KeyTrack alot .....I've only played with it a bit ....

Irie
03-11-2003, 05:23 PM
im sure having fun with this little plug. One thing i did find tho... If you make a new list in the selection lists, you have to close it and reopen to see the new list and make changes...

Irie
03-11-2003, 05:28 PM
this could be also of some interest....

note: Kit Cut doesn't support Hermite Spline and Bezier Spline curve type (this due to the fact that Kit Cut borns as a tool for video games developing and these curves type are useles for us).

Sil3
03-11-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Mike RB
IT is cool, but the selections sets are what I would really miss out of keytrak....

from the manual:

"Selection List Box allows you to group objects and bones so you can move,
copy and paste keys for these items simultaneously.
note: The selection list box does not support "<" and "=" symbols in object file name.
You should also take care if an item in list has the same name of a bone...it happens that Kit Cut start working on the bone instead of the item in list.

tip: The selection list box can be realy useful if you have a character rig with only some nulls and bones to control (such as hands, foots, fingers, hip...)."

Arent these like Selection Sets?

I havent tryed this one yet, as soon as i find some time. :applause:

Sil3

CTRL+X
03-11-2003, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the heads up Mr Proton

Keep Wavin':wavey:

Mike RB
03-12-2003, 02:43 AM
You are correct. I think I was assuming this was another plug i've seen recently on the lscript list, quick key edit. From what i can tell this does seem like it will do most of the operations of keytrak minus the drag and drop style editing (and scaling, that rules), and the animation layers.

Mike

mohh
03-12-2003, 04:00 AM
This is a great little utility, please post an update when the final version is out.

SplineGod
03-12-2003, 04:30 AM
It would be nice just to have the ability to see selection sets as "nodes" that could be moved around....Actually it would be nice if you could do a load from scene and bring selection sets along for the ride. I was hoping this would be fixed in this update.

Mike RB
03-12-2003, 07:01 AM
Keytrak saves its selection sets for loading from scene...

SplineGod
03-12-2003, 07:27 AM
Keytrak is cool. Its just that I would love to have this particular bug fixed. :)

faulknermano
03-12-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by SplineGod
It would be nice just to have the ability to see selection sets as "nodes" that could be moved around....Actually it would be nice if you could do a load from scene and bring selection sets along for the ride. I was hoping this would be fixed in this update.

this could, theoretically, be done, minus the part of load from scene. a scene's selection sets could be read and then importing them into the current scene file. a scene reload will then be needed to 'refresh' the scene.

faulknermano
03-12-2003, 02:20 PM
btw: this is so weird: today, i just finished a script that's sort of like a keytrack. but i based it more on maya's timline behavior. i'm downloading kit cut right now - going to compare how he implemented his stuff to mine. :)

proton
03-12-2003, 02:42 PM
when do we get to see ur tool.......yikes that sounded bad.....:eek:

Originally posted by faulknermano
btw: this is so weird: today, i just finished a script that's sort of like a keytrack. but i based it more on maya's timline behavior. i'm downloading kit cut right now - going to compare how he implemented his stuff to mine. :)

faulknermano
03-12-2003, 02:48 PM
oh okay.... this isnt like keytrack (or what i did) at all.. or even a timeline. it's more like character sets in maya. i like the chrono display and the zoom timeline feature. rather nifty. :) it the colored indicators remind me of KITT. :D

faulknermano
03-12-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by proton
when do we get to see ur tool.......yikes that sounded bad.....:eek:

i'm afraid i havent decided whether or not i will release it. it was actually meant to be proprietary until they told me to drop it. so i finished it in my spare time and given it to a couple of people as a (and get this) a gift (kind of like a payback).

;)

Irie
03-12-2003, 02:55 PM
aw come on! we all wanna see your tool... especially proton :scream:

proton
03-12-2003, 02:55 PM
What do I need to do to get a gift from you :love:

Originally posted by faulknermano
i'm afraid i havent decided whether or not i will release it. it was actually meant to be proprietary until they told me to drop it. so i finished it in my spare time and given it to a couple of people as a (and get this) a gift (kind of like a payback).

;)

faulknermano
03-12-2003, 03:16 PM
What do I need to do to get a gift from you :love:

:blush:

faulknermano
03-12-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Irie
aw come on! we all wanna see your tool... especially proton :scream:

:) sorry, i shouldnt have 'teased' at this.. i wasnt actually teasing.. i just thought it was a great coincidence.

i'll still be scripting stuff and releasing them as free, it's just this one i'm not sure...

Irie
03-12-2003, 03:42 PM
:thumbsup:

CTRL+X
03-12-2003, 05:03 PM
Embarrassed to show his tool.

Irie
03-12-2003, 05:49 PM
LOL

i hinted at it, but wasnt going to go there. hee hee Im glad someone did

faulknermano
03-13-2003, 05:29 AM
http://www.geocities.com/lightwavespreaddepot/PTEXMC_UI_01.gif

*** this is not a teaser ***

you asked for it.. i just hope you are not antipating anything because i'm not promising i'll release it. :)

colored lines represent a subgroup of channels (e.g. position, rotation, etc) of the selected objects. for now, the script supports only one non-object-nested channel which is MorphGroup (the channel MorphMixer creates to control morphs).

red bar is the selection. black markers at the sides are 'scale handles.' they are used to scale the selection. to shift, the user simply drags the red bar around. you can numerically input scale or shift functions. you can delete keys that are selected.

channel filters are available but they are pre-defined against the most commonly accessible elements - usually no more than a single consanguinity level. i'm looking at making it more user-definable. there are also a lot of other small features i'm going to put in. not that it means anything to anyone of course. :D

*** this is NOT a teaser. ***

:wavey:

CTRL+X
03-13-2003, 06:52 AM
Oh sure!!!!!!!!!! ya go and tease us with your tool,, finally tell us to look at it, and then it is a no go!!!!

Link not working ( or did you pull your tool image?)

( or is it just to small and I just cant see it!!!.... the image that is:rolleyes: )

Keep wavin'

faulknermano
03-13-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by CTRL+X
Oh sure!!!!!!!!!! ya go and tease us with your tool,, finally tell us to look at it, and then it is a no go!!!!

Link not working ( or did you pull your tool image?)

( or is it just to small and I just cant see it!!!.... the image that is:rolleyes: )

Keep wavin'

like i said, you asked for it. :D

site does not support remote linking so you should copy and paste the link to another browser window. hope you like it. :p

Irie
03-13-2003, 02:23 PM
falker....

i just wanna make sure that you get the joke about your tool...? :scream:

tool would be a euphemism for penis :eek: :cool:

proton
03-13-2003, 02:24 PM
This page is not available.

:(

RuiFeliciano
03-13-2003, 02:51 PM
"Page not available"

How come you don't wanna share your "tool" with the rest of us..not even a "small" picture of it...Proton seems to be so anxious to see your "tool"...:love:

proton
03-13-2003, 02:57 PM
I love looking at cool software that people create :thumbsup:

Irie
03-13-2003, 02:58 PM
lmao, this is outta hand! :surprised

uncommongrafx
03-13-2003, 02:59 PM
Is the pic down now?
I don't seem to be able to get there from here...

Robert Wilson
UnCommon Grafx

faulknermano
03-13-2003, 04:03 PM
okay.. i think it's working now...

first pic is the 2.5.1 version..

second pick is the 2.6 version. (the main difference is that you can 'range' the bar on the same horizontal area as your frame handle.. drawing-wise, possible in 2.5.1, but functionality-wise, only doable in v2.6.

http://www.geocities.com/lightwavespreaddepot/PTEXMC_UI_01.gif

http://www.geocities.com/lightwavespreaddepot/PTEXMC_UI_02.gif

i just wanna make sure that you get the joke about your tool...?

tool would be a euphemism for penis

heh.. no i didnt get it the first time.. not that i havent heard it before.. i guess i'm not as a green as some you apparently are. hehehe :wavey:

Irie
03-13-2003, 04:07 PM
lol! :shrug: :p

faulknermano
03-13-2003, 04:07 PM
I love looking at peoples tool:eek:

just dont do this > :p

or this > :drool:

but if you want you can do this > :wip:

though you NEVER > :love:

and at the end of the day > :beer:

ugh...

Irie
03-13-2003, 04:17 PM
:wip: :wip: :wip: :wip: :wip: :wip: :wip: :wip:

CTRL+X
03-13-2003, 10:13 PM
OK!!! I have seen your tool,,,, very impressive I might add:eek:

now can it be released to the community, say as a test version??

proton
03-13-2003, 10:44 PM
can you email me an image...I still can't see :(

My Fault
03-13-2003, 11:19 PM
can you email me an image...I still can't see :(

Don't click on the links, drag the links to your address bar and they will show up. It's a Geoshitties thing :p

Looks great BTW! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.