PDA

View Full Version : Import BVH, Export BVH compatible with Character Studio?

GreatUp
04-20-2007, 04:37 AM
Starting MotionBuilder I was able to import a BVH and watch it play immediately. How can I export this BVH in a compatible format for use in 3D Studio Max Character Studio on the Biped?

bclark
04-20-2007, 08:43 PM
you have to use retarget the data on to a special bvh tempalte file that you can download from autodesk that will load in to chracter studio correctly. Otherwise you can't load the data.

if you have the latest copy of max and motionbuilder and the fbx plugins you can retarget the data from the bvh file on to a biped skeleton and then just merge it right back in to max.

All the detailed info for this is on the autodesk support site or on the motion capture society forum. http://www.motioncapturesociety.com/mcsforum/

All of the bvh problems are because of the chracterstudio software and have nothing to do with motionbuilder.. so check out the sites and see if it gets you where you need.

if not let me know.
Brad Clark

CGTalk Moderation
04-20-2007, 08:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.