PDA

View Full Version : Issues In Keying

mike1anime
04-20-2007, 01:17 AM
hi guys, here's yet another question I have. I'm trying to key footage in shake. (HD 1920x1080) and I'm having issues when there's 2 objects come close to each other and my key creates this webbing effect. [like if two fingers are near other or when an arm is near the body the space in between is the area I'm talking about) I guess it's because when the two objects are near each other.. it's harder to calculate the greenscreen.

Anyone else had this issue and found a way out of it? I'm sure there's an answer. I've hit the wall and now I'm just not sure what to do about this.

thanks again

jbills
04-20-2007, 08:07 AM
s'pose you should just get in there and do some roto, or do a loose garbage matte around the offending area and pull a separate, stronger key in there. despill will help.

most keys in shake are not done with just one key, but usually a composite of 2-3.

easy enough to layer them together to nail it down.

have noticed that nuke's IBK can usually get the job done with far less hacking than primatte or keylight - the screen correction tools are really nice, and handle things like this really well (and patchy, uneven screens). there are probably others out there. occasionally I'd get a perfect key with one go on Flame. it's rare.

CGTalk Moderation
04-20-2007, 08:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.