PDA

View Full Version : Little urgent Help

Ahmattu
04-20-2007, 01:55 AM
hi there,

I rendered my Composition to .mov, everything looks fine inside AE7, but when I play the .,ov inside the QT player the picture hangs in the first run while the sound continues correctly, and in the second run everything works fine,

please let me know what kind of problem am I facing?, and what's the solution.

btw I have the same prob (hanging) with another movie with no sound

please help

mackdadd
04-20-2007, 02:03 AM
sounds to me like maybe you're rendering uncompressed.
try using a compression, like animation, or sorenson 3.

or maybe your computer just needs more RAm or something.

Ahmattu
04-20-2007, 02:21 AM
ya I think its the compression,

if its Animation, what value should I put in "key frame every"

and if its Sorenson3, should I use the "limit data rate to" or not, if yes how much,

sorry for the silly questions, I'm a newbie, and just want to render certain animation save it on a CD and show to an impotant guy, and I don't want any problems.

thanks for your help

scrimski
04-20-2007, 02:30 AM
CD or DVD(for DVD player)?
For a CD without any problems use the Mpeg1 format, even works on stone age CD-Rom drives.

Limit the data rate to 4000 kBit/s, if you see compression artefacts then increase, if it hangs then decrease. I suggest to pick a few seconds with a lot of motion, colors and contrast and encode it for testing purposes. Once you found out the ideal settings, apply them to the whole animation.

Please use a more problem related thread title next time, you will get more help faster and other people can with the same problem will have a better chance to find this using the search function.

Ahmattu
04-20-2007, 02:45 AM
thanks for the help scrimski,

I thought this is an appropriate thread, since its talking about AE.

thanks again

rhodeder
04-20-2007, 07:58 PM
ya sounds like your computer was cacheing the frames to your ram the first play and the second time it was successfully cached. Try scrubbing the timeline before you play a uncommpressed video thats what i always do.

CGTalk Moderation
04-20-2007, 07:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.