PDA

View Full Version : Deformer: Lattice getting double transforms

GrafOrlok
03-11-2003, 11:08 AM
I have a character that is skinned and I want a part of the skin to be flubby and bounce around when the character is in motion. I added a lattice and made it Softbody with goal weights and all but I need the lattice to follow the skeleton and when it does, the skin in the affected area gets double transforms. Anyone with a neat solution?

GrafOrlok
03-13-2003, 10:35 PM
OK, any suggestion is appreciated! It doesn't even have to be neat...;)

tymznd
03-14-2003, 02:59 AM
Sorry I haven't gotten this far yet, but I am currently having the same issues with clusters... Have you tried applying the lattice before skinning?

dwalden74
03-18-2003, 09:18 AM
You´ll need to skin your lattice (or Softbody copy, depending on which option you use) to the skeleton. Then open relationship editor->deformer sets and remove the points that are affected by the lattice from the skin cluster set.

:beer:
David

GrafOrlok
03-21-2003, 08:49 AM
Thanx a 1 000 000!

That worked like a dream:beer: :thumbsup: :airguitar

Doogie
03-22-2003, 07:21 AM
and to the cluser-man In the attribute editor for the cluster there is a "relative" checkbox. I heard this solves that problem, but i havent tried it yet.

I wonder if lattices have the same thing? because rebinding is quite a pain after painting weights (and i have _never_ had weight maps work correctly)
:annoyed:

Streetgrime
01-29-2004, 05:10 AM
"Then open relationship editor->deformer sets and remove the points that are affected by the lattice from the skin cluster set. "

Could someone explain exactly how to do this please?

:cry:

dwalden74
01-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Could someone explain exactly how to do this please?

Select the CV´s that you want to remove, then open the Relationship Editor->Deformer Sets, and with the correct deformer selected on the right side, click the big "minus" sign at the top. These 2 buttons ("+" and "-") add or remove selected components from selected sets.

Streetgrime
01-29-2004, 05:46 PM
Ugh... I SWEAR I did that...

oh well.. I musta messed it up somewhere.

Thanks for the response!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.