PDA

View Full Version : Tracking Multiple Mask Points

Davidvanh
04-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Hi There,

I've been playing around with Fusion 5.1 for a while now, but there's still a thing that I can't get to work. Tracking mask points in the tracker!
I can track al basic things, 4 point tracks, Matchmove, etc etc.
But tracking multiple mask points in 1 pass is still a problem...

Being a Combustion user for about 4 years, I'm used to just selecting all my mask points that I want to track and go into the tracker tab. Just hit select all points and track the whole thing. Done!

But in Fusion it seems a lot more difficult. Is there a way similar to Combustion?
When I select all mask points (after Publishing them) and Modify them with a tracker, it only selects 1 tracker. It does not make, say, 10 track points. But it looks like you have to add all the trackers seperate to each mask point.

Maybe I'm just missing something here,
but is there a better way to do this? Tracking all the mask points in 1 pass?

Jayk2k
05-02-2007, 06:47 PM
When you publish a point and then modify it with the tracker, that is a seperate tool (tracker modifier) from the tracker node, hence just the single point track. If you wish to track all the points at the same time, use a tracker node, then after publishing the points on the mask, attatch them to the designated tracker patterns in the tracker node.

CGTalk Moderation
05-02-2007, 06:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.