PDA

View Full Version : Network Renderings

Maya Ayanami
03-11-2003, 05:36 AM
I have Maya 4.5 Unlimited with Mental Ray 1.5(the plugin)
can I do network renderings with just these and maybe a free peice of software or plugin to do renderings for both the Maya renderer and the MR renderer.

I possibly not haveing to install Maya on the other computers, but that doesn't matter too much.

Houkah
03-11-2003, 05:47 AM
when looking for smedge info i found this script that helps batch render in MR using smedge

mayabatch -file X:\directory\filename.ma -proj X:\directory -command "setAttr defaultRenderGlobals.startFrame #S; setAttr defaultRenderGlobals.endFrame #E; mrBatchRender_v15"

but looks like you could use it w/ any network renderer that supports command line. I'm guessing that if you want to use both renderers you could set up seperate jobs via command line. Just a guess though since i've never done it myself.

alexx
03-11-2003, 04:05 PM
afaik you will not be able doing network rendering with mental ray without buying additional mental licenses..
unlike mayas built in renderer that allows you to render on 9999 different machines without buying additional render licenses, you can only render on one computer (2 processors even) with the mental license that you have in maya 4.5..

cheers

alexx

mirkoj
03-13-2003, 02:18 AM
I have run into Parallel network rendering option for mental ray, but there is one thing: do I need to have standalone ver of mental ray 3.1 or it's posible to use this with only free ver of mental ray 1.5.1????

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.