PDA

View Full Version : nhmChallange - Eligh

Eligh
04-18-2007, 04:41 PM
hi friends :)

sry guys im lil bit late (busy of work)...but hopefully not to late!?

since the early morning i started to work on the source plate to master stage 1

and heres my 1st wip so far:

http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/9310/nhmchallangewip1qt3.jpg

but NOW i really need some lil break *laugh*

later in the evening ill finish the plate cleaning. at moment i think my focus should be on the floor texture and the shadow areas to complete stage 1, or that u guys think about!?

best wishes

Eligh

JJASSO
04-18-2007, 08:01 PM
welcome, nice work so far, show us your idea, some sketch or concept ,

I think shadows are well done
good luck

everlite
04-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Yep, looking great. Don't worry i'm sure you'll catch up in no time :)

- Dave.

Eligh
04-19-2007, 03:33 PM
step II - extension

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8556/nhmchallangewip2xtensioyn4.jpg

everlite
04-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Still looking good, the left side looks a tiny little stretched but i wouldn't worry too much. Well you're pretty much caught up with everyone else now :)

- Dave.

Matellis
04-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Great job so far Elias. keep it up :D

Cheers

Inlakechh
04-19-2007, 11:24 PM
great colors, great extension Elias. cant wait for your concept. :)

Eligh
04-20-2007, 04:18 PM
thanks a lot for your c&c! :)

here another updated "final!?" version of stage 2:

http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1904/nhmchallangewip2xtensiooa4.jpg

i felt free to extend the image some more pixels wide to give me more freedom with the conzept design later on.
some opinions about it, would be great!

if i can spend enough freetime to plan things out - conzept-WIPs should be available until the end of next week.

be patient. :)

mfg

Elias

Inlakechh
04-20-2007, 09:24 PM
Looking very nice. The very left pillar is stretching out a bit, guess you may not even see it later on.

Eligh
05-02-2007, 04:16 PM
nice day ma friends,

unfortunately i was infected with influenza for nearly a whole week :( and just lie down in my bedroom to drink some fine tea to get healthy as fast as possible. But at moment i feel fine and healthy again, hope it remains. :)

But still this illness had one good thing (iam a man who even try to think positive *g*), i had a lot of more time to spend on couple ideas, which flow out of my mind and wrote some short mindmap trees with some keywords on paper. I think its not a bad choice to create a mindmap - ideas often create new ideas, so why not!?

I also thought about the main composition (still with the museum as focalpoint), the use of colors (every colorpattern create a feeling in your mind) and the play with cools and warms (light versus dark) to be sufficient prepared for sketching my ideas down in photoshop.

honestly said, im lil bit excited, i never done a full matte painting (just only created some sketches and use the "Ghosthouse" Matte Painting Tutorial from seb4d.com to understand more and more the basic use of colors, composition, texturing, creating depth and how to handle with photoreferences and read more than a lot of theorystuff) Now it is the time to show myself, that ive get out of this. Whis me best luck!

And logical, good luck to all the other artist here, keep on rockin!

Thanks for reading and still have a nice day/evening, whatever. :)

Respectfully

Eligh

milanschere
05-29-2007, 05:24 PM
it's gettin' a bit blurry towards the far left.
but i guess that will be hidden in the next update anyways...

CGTalk Moderation
05-29-2007, 05:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.