PDA

View Full Version : PLAYBLAST bug

RafaelMancini
04-17-2007, 11:31 PM
Hey there...

So this is the deal... when Im animating with Maya (7.0) and Im using the playblast, it almost always stops in the middle of the animation range, and goes straight to the Media Player, where it shows the animation until the point where it stopped. And then the character freezes, but the sounds keeps playing until the end.

Can anyone guess whats the deal here, cause this is a big pain in the ass for me... I have to keep trying to playblast until it finally goes thru the whole animation range. And Im not touching anything on the screen to stop the playblast.

Someone pleazzzz help me!!!

Thanks!

gilgamesh828
04-17-2007, 11:39 PM
Hey there --

This is an incompatibility between XP and Maya... There is a klugy work-around you can use -- it's odd, but it does seem to work:

1. Right-click on the desktop --> Select "Properties". In the "Themes" tab, select "Windows Classic".

2. Double-click on "My Computer". On the top menu bar, click "Tools" and then "Folder Options". Under "Tasks", change option to "Use Windows classic folders"

That's it. This worked for me and i hope it does for you -- couldn't tell you the why tho!

-=Cheers

RafaelMancini
04-17-2007, 11:46 PM
hey, thanks man...

But I was already using the Classic Windows theme, and when I switched the second thing you told me to do, nothing changed. The playblast stopped at 15% of the animation range... Ill try to reboot the computer to see if it works, but if anyone have another sugestion I'll apreciate!

artaka
04-18-2007, 05:33 AM
Hey Rafael,
Try the following:

Right click on the Maya icon on the desktop or on maya.exe in the program files folder. Go to properties.
Click on the compatibility tab.
Check the checkbox "Run this program in compatibility mode for:".
From the drop down below select Windows 2000.
Click OK
Restart maya and try playblasting again. Hopefully that'll fix it.

RafaelMancini
04-18-2007, 05:47 AM
thanks for the help guys! Lets see if that solves my problem!!

RafaelMancini
04-19-2007, 10:32 PM
hey Artaka... that solved my problem!!!

thanks for the help guys!

CGTalk Moderation
04-19-2007, 10:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.