PDA

View Full Version : Maya: want to keep position of constraind object

pigbelly
03-10-2003, 11:23 PM
Hi.
When I constrain an object between two locators the object moves to a 50/50 position in-between the locators. Is there a way or a script that keeps the object in position????

/Tommie

goosh
03-10-2003, 11:29 PM
in which position do you want to keep it?

and keep in mind that position constrain means exactly that.. Position!.. so it'll move it to the position of your source..

G

pigbelly
03-10-2003, 11:44 PM
I want to keep the objekts original position!!

but I still want it to be affected by the two locators!!

Its for my spine setup, and i want to constrain a cluster between two controls, but I don't want it to move!!

/Tommie

jschleifer
03-11-2003, 01:20 AM
ah!

so you have two nodes which you want to constrain a cluster between, but youd on't want the cluster to move when you make the constraint?

duplicate the cluster handle twice, and constrain the cluster to those two duplicated handles. Then parent the duplicated nodes to the respective nodes you want the cluster to be under.

that way clusterHandle1 is constrained to clusterHandle1_const1 and clusterHandle1_const2.. and clusterHandle1_const1 is a child of locator1, and clusterHandle1_const2 is a child of locator2.

-jason
p.s. I'll check out the note ya sent me tonight when I get home if I finish my taxes. :)

-jason

pigbelly
03-11-2003, 08:53 AM
Thanks Jason,
as always you save the day!!

Taxes...hmm sounds like fun....not! .-))

/Tommie

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.