PDA

View Full Version : vacuum up flowers?

spider_newgent
04-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Hope someone can help with this one.

I need to do a shot of a kind of hoover floating above a flower filled meadow and sucking up the flowers/grass as it goes.

Simply due to the amount of flowers, I'd like to keep it procedural if poss.

Is there a way to do this with Particle Flow, or should I look for another solution?

Searching for "grass" on the forums doesn't really help.

mackdadd
04-16-2007, 11:11 PM
absolutely. make the flower your instance particle, use the ground plane as your emitter object, and maybe use a deflector to send them to the next event in Pflow, which would be them getting sucked up. :)

PsychoSilence
04-17-2007, 10:50 AM
maybe give this quick and cheesy approach a try:

max8 file, no toolbox needed...

kind regards

anselm

spider_newgent
04-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, the file was really helpful.

My main concern is the stems of the flowers/petals bending as they are sucked up. It needs to be a (reaonsably) slow shot, and the flowers need to look they are straining against the hoover as they are pulled from the ground.

Is there any way to say generate a stem, then have that bend and snap/detach procedurally based on wind/gravity etc?

I thought maybe reactor could help, but at this stage I'm just trying to get a general opinion on the best way to do this.

Thanks

PsychoSilence
04-17-2007, 08:34 PM
dear spider_newgent,

i assembled a demo file for you with a birth script as the most funky part. hope you get me ;)... just rename your ground plane to "guide" or change the script if desired.

on ChannelsUsed pCont do
(
pCont.useposition = true
)

on Init pCont do
(
global pflowguide = $guide
)

on Proceed pCont do
(
if pflowguide != undefined do
(
t = pCont.getTimeStart() as float
NumVerts = getNumVerts pflowguide

if t < 0 do
(
for i = 1 to NumVerts do
(
pCont.AddParticle()
pCont.particleIndex = pCont.NumParticles()
pCont.particleposition = polyop.getVert pflowguide i
)
)
)

)

on Release pCont do ()

kind regards

anselm

CGTalk Moderation
04-17-2007, 08:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.