PDA

View Full Version : camera filter

storaro
03-10-2003, 08:00 PM
hi all
dose some1 know about a filter in ae whoe replace the promist
filter that cameraman's use on thay'r video camera's.
it sopose to make the image softer and a littel bit gloing in the highlights.

LarsSon
03-11-2003, 01:09 PM
There isn't any good way to do this effect with ae:s basic effects. Only way could be compoudblur, where you set your original image to be as target. It does bad quality blurring, but i'm usually blending it later with little caussianblur.

This way you are still loosing the keyfeature of the effect. In real world, those most blurred hilites have the shape from your cameras iris, or someting like that. More realism, but very slow to calculate.

In commotion there is really nice looking fx Real Camerablur. It's really slow, but looks just amazing.

I've seen some plugs for ae doing the same trick, but i really cant remember any names. Maybe later...

dg
03-15-2003, 08:21 AM
In fact there are several filters who does this sort of thing easily but this don't mean that you can't achieve this sort of fx with built in tools, try to play with simple and very effective techinics most of them you are problably tired to use in Photoshop.

In AE duplicate your layer footage by hitting the ctrl+d with the layer selected, then set the over layer to "overlay" in the transfer mode and apply a blur with 2px or less of blur, and see the results, of course this might not be the fx that you are looking for, but my advice is to you to play with this tools, sometimes you can achive the same type of effect without having to spend some extra cash.

See Ya!:cool:

Killerbee2
03-16-2003, 12:08 AM
It's a bit like diogo said, it's just a variation:

Add an adjustmentlayer on top of the layerstack, apply a blur, set it to screen/softlight or add, apply a fast blur and adjust the opacity of the adjustmentlayer according to your wishes.

This way it gives you to option to apply the effect to a whole bunch of layers at the same time.

malcolmvexxed
03-16-2003, 12:59 AM
just wanted to add to the duplicate layer suggestion. i like doing it with the top layer set to hard light. it produces some pretty cool effects depending on the source footage and what kind of values it has.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.