PDA

View Full Version : nhmchallenge_cameo

Cameo
04-16-2007, 12:26 AM
Just reserving a spot.

Not sure I'll get round to finishing, depends on time as with everyone I guess but will try.

Made some progress on the cleanup, will up a wip tomorrow at some point.

everlite
04-16-2007, 03:33 AM
Great a fellow northerner :) hope you get time to come up with something.

- Dave :)

Matellis
04-16-2007, 03:58 AM
Dont worry man , its not all about the finish , just make sure you learn a thing or two , Thats why I enter. Its just a great time to see what people come up with and do!

Just keep rockin the canvas like there is no tomorrow!

Cheers

Cameo
04-16-2007, 10:28 PM
Ok not too much to show so far, basically working top down so I got rid of all the junk on the left wall, people on the stairs and speakers. Cloned the right pillars etc and sorted the wall out a bit. Which leaves me with the stairs, floor and adding back in the walls. Will aim to get this part done by the weekend.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b65/mayamonkey/cameo_nhmchallenge_01.jpg

Cameo
04-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Made a fair bit of progress, pretty much just the floor and a couple of wall parts to finish cleaning up now, will aim to post something this weekend.

Does anyone have any suggestions for approaches to doing the floor? I've tried cloning but the result is kind of muddy and doesnt look as crisp as I would hope.

LeoNeet
04-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Create a solid gray layer that is full sized in your canvas. Using "add noise" and "gausian blur" you can pretty much get the same effect. Then distort the layer so it strecthes and lines up with your perspective. You can then chop off the bits that don't belong, by using a selection that is based on the plate.

After that you can add another layer, add more details, and overlay them, etc...

I didn't really have the patience personally to do a very detailed floor, because I knew from the start that id be literally painting all of it with ice/snow. Either way, have a look at the one I have. It took me about 1 minute to do. If you spend another 5 minutes im sure you can come up with something a lot better ;)

I'm no expert on this stuff, so there is surely better ways, but hope that helps.

Cameo
04-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Yea thats probably a good point actually, not sure how much, if any, will be left visible at the end. Still wanted to try and do a good job with the floor, I'm pretty happy with the rest of the cleanup so didnt want a crap floor to stand out by a mile. I'll try your suggestion leoneet and any others which ppl may post. Thanks.

Cameo
04-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Ok well I managed to spend a bit more time and finally got my clean version of the plate finished up. There are some things that need addressing (particularly the floor) but I'm going to call this cleanup done.

I already feel like the tortoise in the tortoise and hare race with everybody else going at full pelt! Lucky for me theres a fair bit of time left so I'll get on with the extension over the coming days and then try a few concepts out.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b65/mayamonkey/cameo_nhmchallenge02.jpg

Cameo
04-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Played around with a quick concept today, excuse the crudeness but hopefully the idea might come across. Basically its like a subterranean cavern or maybe even tomb. Going to keep going with it later, havent decided whether to go for sand or ice yet but heres a couple of colour variations for a sand/earth version.

Thinking of incorporating the arches of the nhm on either side where the sand/earth has slumped through.

Any thoughts?

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b65/mayamonkey/conceptssheet2.jpg

Ivy00
04-23-2007, 05:43 PM
cool concept, if you go for ice you can do those really awesome cyan type blues and greens and do some tricky things with lightcoming through the icy stuff.

CGTalk Moderation
04-23-2007, 05:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.