PDA

View Full Version : Fading a RotoShape?

nanni700
04-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Hi,
I used a Fade node to fade in a RotoShape - it worked. Then I created a second shape in the same RotoShape node wich i want to fade at a different frame. How can i do this?!

Thanks for help,
nanni700

jbills
04-16-2007, 12:29 AM
the fade will act on all of the rotoshapes, so you'll need to create a separate rotoshape node and fade that. It's just one of the shortcomings of the rotoshape node that we all deal with.

silhouette roto can export shapes that fade independantly within the rotoshape node. shame shake can't do it itself!

nanni700
04-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks for that,

but how can i input these two or more shape in the mask input of my image layer? Combining the shapes with an OVER node didnt worked...

nanni700

jbills
04-16-2007, 10:37 PM
over should work best, but you could try using other layer nodes, like a max node.

if it doesn't appear to be working, you should try checking your other settings. (viewer update, etc)

although you can just matte off images like you're trying to do, usually you want to composite them using a switchmatte followed by an over node, or in the matte input of a keymix paired with the BG.

Hugh
04-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Not sure why an Over wouldn't work for that, but a Max would give dodgy edges where two soft roto edges intersected. Adding would also cause problems.

I've attached a Shake script (you'll have to remove the .txt from the end) which shows this. You can simulate an Over by doing one Outside the other, and then adding the result with the other.

Over should do the job fine, though....

nanni700
04-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Hey,

thanks for your hints girls, it works. Over works fine too, i did a mistake. And i will test the script right now, thanks Hugh!

nanni700

CGTalk Moderation
04-20-2007, 08:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.