PDA

View Full Version : Rigging / Character Setup Demo Reel

futurcraft
04-15-2007, 07:27 AM
Hi guys...!

I've finally completed my longg awaited Demo Reel.. My main focus is rigging, deformations, dynamic elements (cloth, hair, fur) & MEL used for character setup...

I would really appreciate your valuable comments on my work...

Here is the link

Medium Res (54MB) (http://www.craftyrigger.com/CraftyRigger_DemoReel_Med.mov)

High Res (86MB) (http://www.craftyrigger.com/CraftyRigger_DemoReel_High.mov)

I've also uploaded my reel at YouTube

Here is the link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIAOuS3sQa4).

Thanks for your time...!

Regards,

Nikhil.

JYoung
04-15-2007, 07:53 AM
Right now, the bond rig section isn't doing anything for your reel. I'd probably take that out. The vehicle section is kinda cool, but again, it's not really showing off the rigs at all.

Joe Hughes
04-16-2007, 09:50 PM
i think your vehicle and scripting work with the UI's is the strongest. the bond part sticks out in a bad way like "why is that there" so i would either show more of the bond rig, mechanics and deformations and then show that animation or take it out altogether. whats the res on the ogre btw, looks like in the 100k's for sure.

the cloth is ok but i dont see the character so i dont know how your collisions are. the material seems floaty, underwater like and it seems like the default silk property. im not saying the material properties are bad to use, theyre fine, just used as a starting point and adjust from there and animate certain attr. where needed for the shot.

in the mel scripting/tools development area whos that character next to the ogre, is that the robin hood character or that bond character?

chadmv
04-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Also the facial UI and functionality looks straight out of the Art of Rigging books so you might want to reconsider using it in your reel.

futurcraft
04-17-2007, 12:53 AM
Yungimoto-

Appreciate your comments... I guess I would have to re-consider showing the bond rig animation in my reel.. that seems to be the main issue mentioned in all the reviews..

Joe Hughes-

Thanks for your comments on my Scripting, Vehicle & UI sections... Well the Ogre model's res is around 130K and its only the Mid Res... ;) The final model is much higher... (Modelled by my buddy using ZBrush).

I guess I may have to redo the render of the cloth with the visibility of the model turned on.. Though I would like to maintain the focus of the animation on the simulations... Neva thought of the fact that one may not be able to judge the collissions... Thanks for mentioning that. As for the material, I did use the default silk property as a starting point but I did perform modifications.. It was more of a satin gown appearance I had in mind... though there are difference in weights along the cloth as the legs of the dancing character(currently invisible) were quite fast.. So I had to run tests and make the necessary mods to it so tht the collissions work right... But Like I said, I will re-render it with the character geo visible again..

The character next to the Ogre is the Robin Hood/Bond guy... (The animator changed the name to Bond to suit his concept):wise:

chadmv-
You got me there...! Well.. But the only reason I used it was to show my knowledge of Maya's File I/O to save multiple poses of the currently selected character. I guess I would need that shot to show the funtionality rather than the design... Thanks anywayz for making a note of it.

Really appreciate your feedback guys...!!

Regards,

Nikhil.

CGTalk Moderation
04-17-2007, 12:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.