PDA

View Full Version : Auto Rigg for Maya (???)

RafaelMancini
04-15-2007, 07:22 AM
Has anyone ever heard about a plugin for Maya called Auto Rigg??

I was just wondering cause somebody asked me about it...

steveblake
04-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Normally this refers to a type of pre-built rigging system. From what I've read and seen "The Setup Machine for Maya" is the most comprehensive and stands head and shoulders above the crowd..There are some nice free ones tho, zooCTS and dwRiggingTools one 2 that I thought worked very well...

[edit: actually google threw up this reference: AutoRig v1.1 (http://www.simplycg.net/viewtopic.php?p=3682) - not used it myself]

roberte
04-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Anthony-

I have a maya mel script named Autorig v. 2.0.2. If you want it send me an e mail address and I'll forward it to you.

Robert

robertellison@robertellisonimaging.com

RafaelMancini
04-15-2007, 11:19 PM
That would be nice, thanks! My email is rafaelbmancini@terra.com.br

Just one question... is it worth using it? I mean, is it a good professional rigging tool or you can achieve the same results building up a regular rigging on Maya?

Sreames
04-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Well, you could probably build the same thing within Maya or Max. But the great thing is you can build a rig in just the click of a button, and it works on multiple characters. If you really wanted this to be proficient you'd have to build the program yourself so you could edit it depending on the character.

CGTalk Moderation
04-21-2007, 05:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.