PDA

View Full Version : PLZ help a complete newb annimate a broken window.

C0-182
04-15-2007, 02:13 AM
Hi, hope this is the right forum...my first post.:)

Anyway I'm almost a complete newb but for simplicity sake just assume that I am.
Basicall all I want to do in MAX9 is annimate a ball that with go through a window and as a consequence the window shatters. Now...I can annimate the ball just fine but I need help figureing out how I'm going to make a window shatter (I know reactor will be involved some how) and then I need help texturing the window to look like real glass. PLEASE:D help I'm somewhat in ernest...

Big thank you to anyone who can help...or just say hi to me cus I'm new:shrug:

AnimG
04-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Hi.

To get started, search standard help for "Fracture"

Anim

mackdadd
04-25-2007, 08:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFYBWbXGveE

that is what you want i think.
As for the glass texture, in the material editor, load up some of the other material libraries that ships with max, the 2 raytrace ones. Or search around on these forums. There's some sticky'd threads with free material libraries.

C0-182
04-26-2007, 03:43 AM
Oh yes,
I've seen that video...basicaly lets just say when he imports that adobe .ai model into max...I don't get the same thing. I have adobe illistrator (that's what he uses...right?) but my version of max (9 sp1) just won't improt adobe .ai files. no clue why. oh and I had trouble following the photoshop part.

Jiak
04-26-2007, 03:55 PM
If you are having trouble importing the .ai files, try exporting them out of Illustrator instead of just saving them. Choose the Illustrator legacy option and go back a few versions and see if that helps.

C0-182
04-26-2007, 06:00 PM
huh...i cant seem to find the legacy option. I have illistrator CS2, where is it in there...is it a seperate plugin? i looked at my export options and i didn't see anything that said legacy.

andyburm
04-27-2007, 05:20 AM
Use the Export command to generate an Illustrator legacy file. You can specify compatibility with Illustrator versions 10, 9, 8, 3 (legacy means you save your artwork so it can be properly read by prior versions of Illustrator).

I usually choose vs. 9 or 8 - no probs ! :)

hammerbchen
04-28-2007, 07:29 AM
Thanks Mack

For more information about this video tutorial plz try this:

making a broken window without using a plug (http://hammerbchen.blogspot.com/2006/09/tutorvideomaking-broken-window-without.html)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFYBWbXGveE

that is what you want i think.
As for the glass texture, in the material editor, load up some of the other material libraries that ships with max, the 2 raytrace ones. Or search around on these forums. There's some sticky'd threads with free material libraries.

C0-182
04-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Yes thank you. I have been whatching this video trying to figure out how to follow it. Your description seems a little out of date as well...adobe streamline 4.0 is no longer available. Also There's one part in the written discription where you skip haf a dozen steps saying its in the other post, but you left no link to it. Also the audio on your video is VERY quiet. So...I haven't been able to follow at all.

hammerbchen
04-29-2007, 01:45 AM
I am so sorry for the low sound volume. You can tune it up if you can heard it. For the streamline, yes, it is out of date, but you can find other software to perform the task. Also I think the Adobe illustrator can do it (converting bipmap to vector).

Maybe I will make another recording for this video tutorial.

Yes thank you. I have been whatching this video trying to figure out how to follow it. Your description seems a little out of date as well...adobe streamline 4.0 is no longer available. Also There's one part in the written discription where you skip haf a dozen steps saying its in the other post, but you left no link to it. Also the audio on your video is VERY quiet. So...I haven't been able to follow at all.

CGTalk Moderation
04-29-2007, 01:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.