PDA

View Full Version : Animating Hair and Fur??

pooderBeans
04-14-2007, 04:30 AM
Is there a good way to animate hair and fur? I am using the Hair and Fur modifier in max 8 for a grassy hill scene. All I want is to make the grass look like there is a slight breeze hitting the grass. I have tried using a space warp Wind for dynamics, but it seems to only give me a little gust of wind for a split second and that is it. I cant figure out any other ways of animating the hair. I could really use some help on this one.

Patokid
04-17-2007, 05:57 AM
I may be able to help you.
First, there are a couple of things I need to know:
1.- What scale are you working on?
2.- What kind of simulation are you running? precalcutated or live?
I may have some more questions, but for starters you could check those 2 parameters.

pooderBeans
04-17-2007, 06:52 AM
I may be able to help you.
First, there are a couple of things I need to know:
1.- What scale are you working on?
2.- What kind of simulation are you running? precalcutated or live?
I may have some more questions, but for starters you could check those 2 parameters.

Patokid thanks for responding.

1. In the general parameters of the Hair and Fur, my scale is at 5.0
2. For simulation I have "live" checked.

I really have no idea how the simulation part works. I will try messing around until you can get back to me. Thanks again for the help.

pooderBeans
04-18-2007, 04:59 AM
Here is my scene so far. I'm getting happier with the way the grass is starting to look. I am open for any suggestions. I could use any help I can get, because there is really no go tutorials out there for hair and fur that I could find. So if anyone knows some good settings for rendering let me know.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o3/pooder_bucket/Testcopy.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
04-18-2007, 04:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.