PDA

View Full Version : IK Popping Problem

ajsfuxor
03-10-2003, 12:06 PM
Hey everyone

When i create an IK handle on my 3 joint arm setup, the joints actually pop! Well, they don't actually explode or anything, but when i apply the IK, the joints get rotations on them, which i don't want, I want them to stay put!!

Any suggestions???

kmp3d
03-10-2003, 09:38 PM
you may want to check the options on your IK handle tool..... there may be an auto orient going on or something to that effect

ajsfuxor
03-10-2003, 11:31 PM
there doesn't seem to be any options in there.

Any other suggestions?

kmp3d
03-11-2003, 12:15 AM
I'm not totally sure on this, I don't have maya in front of me at the moment, but it probably has something to do with the position of the rotation axis of the joints that your trying to apply the IK to, the pole vector is probably is moving joints when you apply it. Try freezing transformations on the joints first then reorient them if necessary before applying the IK.

dangersnert
03-11-2003, 11:29 AM
do you have a pole vector set up on the elbow?? if not then that could be why your arm is poping cause with out a pole vector the arm has no rotation point.

ajsfuxor
03-11-2003, 12:59 PM
Problem solved...sorta. I just recreated the joints in more of an angle. Fixed the problem.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.