PDA

View Full Version : critique: online portfolio

clu
03-10-2003, 08:08 AM
Just wanted to get a few more sets of eyes to have a look at my online portfolio (flash). Any comments, suggestions, (bug-reports?) would be most welcome.

http://www.jakekeating.com/portfolio/portfolio.htm

Thanks much!

-clu

DanielWichterich
03-10-2003, 10:02 AM
Hi!

The page is quite nice! But the contact field should be markable for that I could copy and paste your Email Adress etc. And maybe it should be possible to skip the intro?

Greetings
Daniel

clu
03-11-2003, 05:51 PM
That's a good point, thanks. Anyone else?

-clu

bigray
03-11-2003, 07:17 PM
I like it. One thing that might be nice is making the entire scene a button after the intro plays out. I donít know why but I it took me a while to find the enter button.

With that said, I truly loved the old people home advertisement. Did you show it to them after you finished? Iím sure it would give them a lot to laugh about. Very funny, good job.

:bounce: :applause: :beer:

clu
03-11-2003, 08:12 PM
Clicking on the whole screen to skip and/or enter is actually a good point. I usually do that on my other non-flash projects and it would probably make sense for this one too.

Thanks much. It's always helpful to have another perspective.

-clu

SnoWmOnsTeR
03-12-2003, 12:51 AM
wow, nice site. Im learning flash and i like ur layout. One thing tho, for those who wish to see it and they have 56k, (like me) its inevitable for it to take awhile to load, and that is discouraging to the veiwer (waiting for it to load). so, a status bar would be great, and it gives the veiwer an idea on how long to wait, and if they want to wait that long. Great site tho!
:thumbsup: :applause:
ps. im an outcas player and i'd really like to play that mod :D

clu
03-12-2003, 01:54 AM
Cool. Maybe I'll put a mailing list for those that want to play the mod. In the meantime you can send your email address to my address on the site and I'll email you when it's ready to play (shooting to be finished by May).

I'm going to look into status bars...I never really figured out how to do them, (maybe now's the time).

Thanks for the feedback.

-clu

Ian Jones
03-12-2003, 08:08 AM
Clu: I haven't looked at your site, but just responding about how to do a status bar after reading thru the responses. Find the percentage of loaded information and use the movieclip property of _xscale on a line, or bar...

Something like:

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
this._xscale = ((_root.getBytesLoaded() / _root.getBytesTotal()) * 100);
}

Draw a line. Make it a movieclip and drop that code into its actionscript area. As long as your timeline loops past this frame it should work great.

clu
03-12-2003, 10:19 AM
excellent, thanks. I'll give it a try.

-clu

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.