PDA

View Full Version : animation mentor models/rigs

jdonnelly
04-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Hey all, does anyone know if the models and rigs used for animation mentor are available for free download?
I always thought the characters and facial animations showed so much character, and the rigs must be of a professional caliber.
Just curious so I can just jump into animating stuff instead of having to create my own each time.

BigMouth
04-13-2007, 06:13 PM
I believe you can only get those through Animation Mentor, and I assume that they have a very strict policy towards giving them out. In addition, none of the students would probably not want to break that social compact because having that character is an entitlement to belonging to the AM group, which is known for it's high quality staff and students, and a sign that they belong to something exclusive and special. Giving it away would in a way destroy the sanctity of it and the representational figure of AM itself.

mHobby
04-14-2007, 01:55 AM
Right on the nose, BigMouth. AM rigs are only distributed to AM students. There are other rigs non-AM related that are available for free download on the net. It's been a while since I've searched for some but if I remember correctly, there might be a few posts here on cgtalk where people can share their rigs.

If you're using someone's rig to animate and put on your demo reel, I'd suggest that you contact the person who created the rig. It wouldn't be good if an employer saw your demo reel, recognized a rig made by a certain artist, and there's no credit given to that character artist. Better to be safe than sorry :)

CGTalk Moderation
04-14-2007, 01:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.