PDA

View Full Version : mograph tracer problem

egselent
04-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Hi - I'm having a problem with a scene i'm doing with mograph tracer. I have my tracer inside a sweep nurb and the trace is linked to a 4 sided polygon. The animation plays back fine in the editor window but when i render the animation out - weird jagged edges pop up as it turns a corner every time.

Any ideas?

Tiziano
04-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Could be my eyes but the text looks jagged to me as well.

If so, it's more then a sweep nurbs/tracer problem.

PetrolUk
04-13-2007, 04:57 PM
I had the same problem this week too. Basically I had the tracer attached to some animated lights. It rendered fine till it came to the frame with the last keyframe move of the light. Once the light stopped moving my Sweepnurbs object did the same as yours.
So basically I ended up letting the tracer do it's thing and then converted it to a spline. Then I used that spline in the sweepnurbs. That's the only way I got around it

LucentDreams
04-13-2007, 05:05 PM
what interpolation are you using?

egselent
04-13-2007, 05:41 PM
I'm using a bezier type spline in the tracer with intermediate points set to natural. Is this what you mean?

LucentDreams
04-13-2007, 06:28 PM
yes that was. have you tried any other types instead of bezier?

egselent
04-13-2007, 06:45 PM
no - i will try it out. I thought bezier would be the smoothest though?

egselent
04-14-2007, 07:48 AM
I've tried the tracer with an akima spline - and although it seems to happen less, it still happens enough to ruin the animation.

The weird thing is it plays back perfectly in the editor view

Per-Anders
04-14-2007, 08:03 AM
Check your sweepnurbs settings, it looks like you have constant cross section turned on, which will result in extended corners on any spline that has close together points creating a sharp angle.

egselent
04-17-2007, 05:08 PM
I kept playting around with the interpolation and I found one that worked - B-spline with adaptive intermediate points. Render came out perfect! Thanks for all your help.

CGTalk Moderation
04-17-2007, 05:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.