PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or... Maya 8.5 Annoyance #1 - renderlayers filename overrides

bravmm
04-13-2007, 01:43 PM
When setting up renderlayers, and setting overrides on all the filenames for those layers, Maya sometimes still renders -every- layer with -one- of the filenames set. E.g. scene_01_colorpass, although all other passes have their overrides active.

Is this a know issue with 8.5, or am I doing something fundamentally wrong somewhere??
I do render all layers at once, maybe that has something to do with it???

rob

acidream
04-14-2007, 12:26 AM
I'm not sure about your exact problem, but we use %l/%l in the render globals file name and it will make a folder using your render layer name and then put the image with the render layer name in that folder. It works great and you don't have to override anything.

T-R
04-14-2007, 06:41 AM
I agree with acidream. If you go to the master layer and open up the render settings you just need to right click on the name space for the file name prefix and choose one from the list. You can create additional folders for them by using forward slash. No need to set overrides.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3054/untitled1tk5.jpg

bravmm
04-16-2007, 10:43 AM
Hi,

Cheers for the tip. This sounds like a better solution than the buggy override system in the renderlayers.

Thanks,

rob

CGTalk Moderation
04-16-2007, 10:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.