PDA

View Full Version : Vue Animation - This will blow your mind

synergy543
04-13-2007, 05:49 AM
This absolutely blew me away and I'm wondering what others working on animations in Vue think about this? Be sure to watch through the middle.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDLTRXV1KHM&mode=related&search=

Why is there such a vast dividing line between art and games? Why aren't our art tools more advanced than that of gamers? Seeing this, I feel like I'm living 100 years ago spending time in Vue. Maybe its because artists are working one-by-one and gamers are working in teams like movie studios? And a single artist on a shoe-string budget is no competition for a 20 million dollar game team.

Seeing this really makes me wonder where things are headed. Any thoughts?

IvanB
04-13-2007, 09:51 AM
What the %#&@!,

Where can I buy that?...That is awsome!..WOW!

On a seriouse note, could this be used to render out scenes, much the way we use vue...Could you imagine vue working like that..That would be mind blowing...everything in real time, shadows, the ocean waves etc.

once again AWSOME.

abudabi
04-13-2007, 02:10 PM
I cant belive what I just saw.
No comment

phamarus
04-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Impressive...Most Impressive..

guess the painting in of the forest was the best...or/and the real time painting of textures on

the terrain..and sculpting,the clouds could be better thou...this is probably a sort of sprite Imposters technique used for games.

I donīt think this allows for rendering out extreme realism though..but it is a damn good job at realism optimized for real time.

Would sure like to se that kind of smooth fast realism when painting ecosystems or terrains in vue.

That will be the day!

Phamarus

Solomon
04-13-2007, 06:40 PM
TOTALLY WICKED!

MAYBE THATS VUE 10 AND WE JUST DON'T KNOW IT!

Solomon
04-13-2007, 07:03 PM
TOTALLY WICKED!

MAYBE THATS VUE 10 AND WE JUST DON'T KNOW IT!

bimdas
04-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Thats the next gen of gaming we can expect later this year. I'm guessing this level editor will come with the game Crysis when it gets released. Not bad considering the game wouldn't be more than 99 bucks. You will need a directx 10 video card though to have all the eye-candy enabled which costs a pretty peeny for a decent one but looks like it will be worth it.

Parsec3d
04-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Amazing!!! simply amazing

Tirjasdyn
04-16-2007, 10:27 PM
This is what you were looking at:

http://www.crytek.com/technology/index.php?sx=eng2

BoBoZoBo
04-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Yeah.. thats pretty dope, but final render in Veu still beats it.
It would be a great way as a past preview.

If you read the description on the Dev page it says that you CAN render a better image from it.... if I am reading it right.

Crazy.... DX10 BABY!

artzfx
04-18-2007, 10:19 PM
OMG! that is amazing... Vue has a lot of catching up to do...

zglows
04-21-2007, 11:30 PM
amazing stuff!!! is that a preview of vue 7? :S

CGTalk Moderation
04-21-2007, 11:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.