PDA

View Full Version : ?????

CKPinson
04-13-2007, 04:04 AM
I just downloaded and installed the Mudbox Trial version and only got to play with it for a couple of minutes after getting the .obj import/export plug for Maya (I'm at work now so I can't try things out) but I was wondering why the tools' effects (smooth, scratch etc) were so dramatic on my model- I tried changing the brush sizes and strength but it didn't seem to help- It'd either be extreme or pratically non-existent- So how do I get good results? Do I need to enlarge my model (currently a head at realistic proportion) or am I missing something?

oglu
04-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Do I need to enlarge my model

yes you need...

CKPinson
04-13-2007, 10:04 AM
Right ON- Thanx- Will try when I get off work- if it's a fairly scale head (maybe slightly on the large side) how big should I go?

CKPinson
04-13-2007, 06:07 PM
What is a good scale X,Y,Z to work with?

GQ1
04-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Save out Mudboxs default cube or sphere as an Obj and use it for scale reference in your modeler.

Although you should be able to have the same brush strength from any size mesh you are sculpting on, just increase the strength amount in the prorperties box.

CKPinson
04-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Would it help if I sub'd my image first before exporting from Maya? still having issues with the brush in Mud- to strong and uncontrollable- tried scaling, changing brush size and strength- can get the smoother to work good- next step is to sub'd some more when i get a second- not noticing much benefit from Maya's native sculpt brush setup.

Nice Portfolio GQ1-

CGTalk Moderation
04-15-2007, 01:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.