PDA

View Full Version : Skinning problems

MaddogZ
04-12-2007, 07:19 PM
well I have 3 proplems

1 when I import a skin weight map the left side takes the right side to so if my left arm moves it pulls the right arm with it and if my left are moves nothing hapens

2 Mirror skin weight wont work Iv tryed every thing but it just dont work

3 when I replace a joint with 0 influnece in a area it should have no influinece it just readds it self right back there

Thanks in advance for you help

tanicdesigns
05-03-2007, 04:51 AM
hey my name is tanicdesigns on aim if your on some time i can try to show you the tricks of mirror. it sucks but it dose work sometimes.

pursuit
05-07-2007, 04:49 PM
1. i suggest you to check the names of objects that you import the weights. when you open the .weightMap extended file with wordpad or sth else, you will see the naming. object name and the joint names must be same as with the names in the file.
3. You must assign the weights some other joints otherwise it does not work because maya has to assign the skin weights to some joints and if you dont specify those joints it will be back. if there is skin it must be influenced by some joints, i dont suggest to use "replace" option in skin weights, you may add skin weights to a main joint like Hips and then distribute it to appropriate joints...

CGTalk Moderation
05-07-2007, 04:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.