PDA

View Full Version : nhmchallenge Ho

newmanhyde
04-12-2007, 11:10 AM
I dont even know i can commit to this but progress so far.i guess concept is really the tough part for me.
http://www.2dn3d.net/gallery/challenge/nhm_challenge_plate2.jpg

everlite
04-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Hi newmanhyde,

Welcome to the challenge, looking great so far, spot on. You handled the stairs really well, i found that to be a really pain. The extension looks really great, very clean. My only thought would be that personally i will try and correct the distortion slightly to get rid of the wide angle effect, but in your case it seem to work quite well, not sure.

Any ideas what you'll do when you get to stage 3 ?

Keep it up:thumbsup:

- Dave.

newmanhyde
04-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Thanks Dave. Yeah the distortion is really bad. what you see now are not true perspective. I am thinking of a scifi theme. Hope that ideas will come easy.

Matellis
04-12-2007, 03:48 PM
chih! looking hot so far! keep playin with those pixels buddy :D

Cheers

everlite
04-13-2007, 04:26 AM
Looking good my friend :thumbsup: any ideas what direction you'll take next?

- Dave.

newmanhyde
04-13-2007, 07:07 AM
right now i just want to look at pictures and get inspired.my mind is in total blank right now :cry:

newmanhyde
04-13-2007, 10:42 AM
i think i will go for a steampunk theme. Right now masking out major parts.
http://www.2dn3d.net/gallery/challenge/progress%20copy2.jpg

JJASSO
04-13-2007, 02:57 PM
wow you're fast, and a nice work, great attention to detail foir painting out and cloning, I'm definitly looking forward to see what do you come up with

everlite
04-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Geeze man you work fast! :)

milanschere
04-13-2007, 05:40 PM
that's nice to see. i thought most people would stick way more to the original plate. looks like basically we can tear the place appart as we wish. this is nice progress. keep it up.

Layer01
04-14-2007, 03:46 AM
great stuff newmanhyde :thumbsup:
how did you go about doing the set extension?

newmanhyde
04-14-2007, 04:34 AM
what i did is pretty much the same others have done. one thing i also used is vanishing point in photoshop. Great tool , it leaves a lot of guess work to photoshop.hope this helps

newmanhyde
04-14-2007, 08:41 PM
still thinking about making a better looking roof and fixing the texture.I hope the cropping looks good too.http://www.2dn3d.net/gallery/challenge/progress%20copy3.jpg

everlite
04-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Yeh looking great, the crop looks fine. Just one point, try and keep as much of the original plate as possible. One criteria the judges will assess will be how well the original plate has been balanced with the final composite, so for that reason i wouldn't replace the roof completely, just ad to it where you can.

Coming on very well :)

- Dave.

newmanhyde
04-15-2007, 03:03 AM
thanks for the advice , Dave. i am so worried i might go off track.

everlite
04-15-2007, 03:26 AM
Not to worry mate, still looks interesting. I'm not familiar with Steampunk, so i'm interested in how this will look :)

Keep in mind the basics,

Simple composition

Nice lighting

A little depth (more saturated as it goes into the distance)

Is it easy to read, does it direct the viewer in the right direction.

Does it look realistic, are the elements colour corrected.

Also a good tip is to frequently flip the canvas, when you do that you instantly see all the mistakes and errors :)

The only problem i can see so far is that maybe the tunnel in the background is looking a little 2d and the pattern seems to have a repeated effect, just needs something to break it up, maybe beams and braces holding up the walls etc.. though all that said, i know it's still work in progress.

- Dave. :)

newmanhyde
05-19-2007, 03:38 AM
I am almost done with this , maybe a little tweaks here and there. seeing so many entries and concept i almost dont feel like uploading.They look so professional .Anyway i dont think i want to enter the advance stage so here is a little update.
http://www.2dn3d.net/gallery/challenge/nhm_challenge_plate3.jpg
i try to be faithful to the theme. this is more like an abandon factory .critiques welcome

Ivy00
05-19-2007, 02:03 PM
This is pretty cool, steam punk stuff is interesting. I am thinking the highlights (white areas) on the screen right wall look a little to hard.

newmanhyde
05-19-2007, 03:00 PM
from what i understand those white areas are paint. its part of the metal wall :)

CGTalk Moderation
05-19-2007, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.