PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about selling model at AMpitstop. What do you think?

Munch5
03-09-2003, 11:04 PM
Heres a model im thinking about selling at AM pitstop. What do you think? It has a 7922 patch count and contains two textures. Version 8.5 :shrug:

Dearmad
03-09-2003, 11:14 PM
I'm not the best person to get feedback on this as I model fast enough and well-enough myself not to need to buy things, typically- and I *like* modeling.

But having said that, I wonder why your model is so patch heavy. Unless you've modeled in exquisite details that don't show in your image, a quick estimate would put that model at about 2000 patches tops if I were to do it, and more likely 1500.

Did you model the naso-pharynx area completely or something?

But feel free to ignore me; I don't buy models. Feel free to correct me; if my perception of your model does it an injustice.:)

zandoria
03-10-2003, 12:05 AM
You won't know until you try. Mike has (I think) a $20 limit on what you can charge... And he told me that he hasn't sold a single model!

Eggington may chime in on the marketability of A:M models, since they have Eggprops.

Another option to try is Turbosquid. There are some A:M models of trees on there but that is all I've seen.

It may be that most hashers prefer to "roll their own", so there may not be much of a market for A:M models--but there seems to be quite a few people selling training materials.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.