PDA

View Full Version : CODE GUARDIAN short movie

CEE-GEE
04-10-2007, 09:35 PM
http://www.cee-gee.net/CodeGuardianRelease.jpg

Hi everyone,
I've finally finished my last short movie project Code Guardian.

You can download the full DivX version here:

Movies/Download/CodeGuardian_DivX.avi (http://www.cee-gee.net/Movies/Download/CodeGuardian_DivX.avi)

mirror#1: http://www.smilegraphix.it/images/CodeGuardian_DivX.avi

mirror#2: http://www.eklettica.com/CodeGuardian_DivX.avi

Enjoy

Thanks to Alessandro Baldasseroni http://www.eklettica.com (http://www.eklettica.com/CodeGuardian_DivX.avi) , Iacopo Di Luigi http://www.smilegraphix.it , Giovanni Bianchin http://www.giobianco.it (http://www.giobianco.it/) and Alessandro Briglia for their support.

Clanger
04-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Been waiting a long time for this and boy was it worth the wait. Well done everyone :thumbsup:

picolo
04-11-2007, 12:18 AM
yeahhh i was really waiting for the finished project !!! :thumbsup:

R32
04-11-2007, 06:27 AM
Great work! Some great shots in this. It looks like so many hours have been poured into this! I've been waiting for this to come out for years as it just looked so cool from the trailers - and it's actually longer and better than I thought it would be! Congrats.

RobertoOrtiz
04-11-2007, 06:42 AM
WOW, amazing work!

Plugged!

-R

ivanisavich
04-11-2007, 07:05 AM
HOLY CRAP!!! This is friggin fanastic!!! Great job on finishing this man! What a huge effort!

*edit: Thought I'd come back and say how awesome those shots looks in the cockpit while the 2nd formation is fighting the robot....great texture/render work!!! :O :O

*edit x2 (hehe)...just finished watcing it....my jaw is on the floor bud. Cinematography, editing, the sshear massiveness of the scenes....everything was top notch!!!

Jadetiger
04-11-2007, 07:26 AM
Wow! Amazing job! Everything looks amazing! And best of all, its historically accurate! :D

Jokes aside, everything was top notch. Textures, models, lighting, effects, the works. Congrats!

eagle200x
04-11-2007, 07:48 AM
Finally, and it looks better and more exciting, than I ever hoped...man I remember looking for this since '02/03 ;-)

Great work.:applause:

jussing
04-11-2007, 07:59 AM
Incredible achievement!

I think you should put the composers in the credits, though.

Cheers,
- Jonas

Layer01
04-11-2007, 08:00 AM
wow, this looks amazing!
very impressive amount of work done here, congratulations! :thumbsup:
i remember whatching the trailer ages ago and its great to see it finished, i am very very impressed.

kendarot
04-11-2007, 08:14 AM
Very well done. I love it.
Great Ideas, Visual and Sound.. everything looks fantastic to me.
I am suprised with its quality and mount of works you've done for it.

Definitely 5 stars from me.

loocas
04-11-2007, 08:15 AM
Fantastic achievemen mate! Really a great short! :buttrock:

The animation was at times a bit clunky and sometimes it lacked momentum and weight, but that's minor considering the whole effort put into this movie.

I really loved and nejoyed it, man!

CONGRATS! :applause:

btw: http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/rating/rating_5.gif from me! :buttrock:

richardoud
04-11-2007, 08:36 AM
Simply amazing.. Loved every single minute of it. I can't believe how much work that must have been to make a short like this almost by yourself! I take my hat off for you sir :thumbsup:

richardoud
04-11-2007, 08:36 AM
Sorry, double post :(

Tit-Co
04-11-2007, 08:58 AM
One word, amazing work in cinematography !! I'm totally fan !
:thumbsup:

crazybread
04-11-2007, 09:06 AM
SICK. How did you Stay on track for sooo Looong? Brilliant. You seem to be a good dirrector too. Salut!

GreenArrow
04-11-2007, 09:31 AM
Hello Marco, this is absolutely amazing. I'm glad to finally see it after all this time. Wow.

Hope you can tell us about the production process someday, would really love some insight to how this was created, aside from the passion you seem to have for creating these CGI shorts.

And again, amazing. The story the models, the cinematography, just everything, man what an inspiration.

Kudos to the rest of support team on your project also.

urgaffel
04-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Wohoo it's finally completed. Your Hunters short was great and now we finally have another piece of awesomeness from the italian guys :) Looking forward to watching it in a bit once the download is completed, just wanted to pay my respects to y'all since I've been waiting for this for quite a while :D

Intervain
04-11-2007, 10:12 AM
Holy!!! :eek:

Marco the sound effects on that robot really freaked the hell out of me!! Fantastic! Loved the news bulletin at the beginning and the subtle Baldasseroni tribute :scream: Great job - truly impressive! I guess the Das Boot OST at the end just completed the charm!

BigErn
04-11-2007, 10:13 AM
Its a great short! Congrats! Be interesting to know more about how it was all done, timescale and software used etc etc how you did some of the dynamics etc, amazing for such a small crew. :thumbsup:

arvid
04-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Hi everyone,
I've finally finished my last short movie project Code Guardian.
I hope you mean "latest" and not "last"! You can't stop now :scream: Simply amazing job, great effort, and it payed off! :thumbsup:

diegooriani
04-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Bravo! :applause:

I was waiting for this movie for a long time as well. Well done!

azkuene
04-11-2007, 10:45 AM
Did I see the ark of God in a box?
Amazing:applause:

Powermaennchen
04-11-2007, 11:35 AM
wow.. crazy efforts and really fun to watch ..

Why didnt you ask the Factor5 guys to record the "Wochenschau" Voices in the beginning? The synthetic voice doesnt work too good, but anyway. 5 Stars!

CEE-GEE
04-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm appreciation!
The short does have a temporary music score, the original one is still under production and a bit late on schedule, just wanted to release the movie as soon has been finished after the long wait.

Most probably I will release a "making of" on my website as soon as I have time for it, there's a lot to say :)

Hi Intervain, the sound effect from the German robot, has been taken from a trash truck, while the American robot is a mix of an old engine starter and servos. :D

Kid-Mesh
04-11-2007, 12:01 PM
As long I've been looking forward to this I think I can wait for however long the download is going to take (all day it seems). Oh well, I'm off to work but I know I will have something awesome to watch when I return.

Kudos for finally finishing it :thumbsup:

I'll post again after I see it!

leadnut
04-11-2007, 12:08 PM
just doesnt download for me-unless overloaded

L33tace
04-11-2007, 12:16 PM
i can't begin to imagine the time, work and effort that went into making this, awesome.
i loved the moment when the robot and pilot made eye contact.

mecha
04-11-2007, 12:42 PM
Simply amazing!

Katachi
04-11-2007, 01:10 PM
I´ve been eagerly awaiting the arrival of this piece of yours. Your old stuff was already woosh and am Downloading right now (5 KB/sec :D ). The preview last year looked already great and am very curious to see this one. Anyway, congratulations for finally finishing this piece and thanks for sharing with us!

DeFi
04-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Wow! This is really amazing.
And all the funny gimmicks like the Ark of the Covenant popping out of a wooden box(go Indy! :D ). :thumbsup:

InAction
04-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Wow, I never thought I'd be able to see the full version of this thing. I just remember I saw the trailer years ago. :o

cecofuli
04-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Marco, greate work! For all CGTalk guy, my interview to marco from Mileston . Sorry, it's in italian language, but there are some intresting screenshot!

INTERVIEW (http://www.treddi.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13600&hl=SPitoni)

Marco, che ti devo dire, finalmente!!! Un parto lungo 5 anni, ma ne è valsa la pena...

christo78
04-11-2007, 02:03 PM
woah, an incredible volume of work! My favourite bits were the shots with the planes. Were the clouds the first plane flew through at the start volumetric? I loved the editing, I thought it was right on the money all the way through.

nice one

Chris.

elektronaut
04-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Fantastic and outstanding work! Congrats!!!

madeofpoly
04-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Amazing work! Lots of things happening, love the attention to detail, thumbs up!!
Did i see the arc of covenant?

Luis

animalunae
04-11-2007, 03:15 PM
All that work and so little payoff...

Good to see you fixed the mirrored swastika though.

Fraenk
04-11-2007, 03:59 PM
stifle a yawn ... bad germans, bad japanese ... good americans .. how boring to see these stereotypes again and again ... great pictures for a very weak story ... sorry

sauerkraut-frank

Pyke
04-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Erm...In World War 2 the Nazis were bad...

Amazing work here. The shots where the planes are flying through the shipyard are amazing. Music was spot on aswell. Will be nice to hear it with an original score tho.

Dont wana spoil it for anyone..but the ending was definately a surprise!

CEE-GEE
04-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Fraenk, I agree, not so brilliant nor original as concept.
Please don't call me a warmonger, the epilogue is intended as "no one wins", just the end of the war is a victory. Those are stereotypes indeed, I had fun in doing the design and some retro-concept and working on some action, I'm sorry to hear that you got bored... But, well, I understand :)

Thanks for the crits!

Djampa
04-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Short movie !? OMG ! A few more you could do a full feature !
I thought my short was technically difficult... thanks for the inspiration to keep going !

oh my... it's awesome ! I loved your cinematography specially, great camera angles and shots ! Impressive quality images. I don't want to criticize the story.
Models and textures are fantastic too. Nice VFX also... wow you did a lot...
Great achievement !

Congratulations ! Good luck and cya,

DarkTownArt
04-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Well, I have to join in the screams of awe about how wonderful and fantastic the animation is. But in danger to be hated for this now, I think that the story gets a bit lost within the fireworks of great 3D effects which is a bit disappointing.

PhuongDPh
04-11-2007, 06:00 PM
wow, I saw some still images (wip) of this long time ago, congra on the completion , 5 stars from me http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon10.gif

KicoTheMan
04-11-2007, 06:36 PM
One man did this? How long it took you man?

Edit : What software did you use for the ocean,fire,explosions,cloth and other stuff?

Full list of software used,please :) I am very interested

igorstshirts
04-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Give it up Fraenk,
The guy worked like how long on this? Nice "original" Charlie Chaplin render in your portfo.

Bro,
you deserve whatever good happens to you in the cg world. The planes through the shipyard could not have been executed any better.

This is why the five stars voting does not work... Because most works are four stars at best. This does truly deserve all five.

Fantastic... Thanks for making my week.

andyburm
04-11-2007, 07:13 PM
nice job Marco. I was waiting for you to finish this...
congrats on the frontpage plug :)

Raul-Reznek
04-11-2007, 07:14 PM
great effort guys! :thumbsup:

Random Sime
04-11-2007, 08:00 PM
That's the coolest thing I've ever seen with animation! That 13 minutes was more satisfying than Sky Captain!

Nice "Lost Ark" ref too!

You had me laughing and going "WHOA!" several times! I can't wait to show my housemates!

CEE-GEE
04-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Thanks to you all for all your kind appreciation and also for the crits!

I'll try to answer to some of the questions that came up here...

The project has been made for passion in the spare time, so it took almost five years!
Of course I didn't work on this full time ;)

Everything has been made in 3DS Max, except the in-cockpit sequence with the Mustang Leader which were achieved by Iacopo Di Luigi in XSI along with Digital Fusion for compositing.

Dreamscape from Sitni Satni has been used for the sea along with Afterburn for some particle effect. Real pyrotechnic footage was used for the explosions, while some smoke and fire effect (like the nazi flamethrower) has been achieved using geometry instance as particles.
Cloth simulations were achieved using the old good Simcloth from Chaos Group! This before the new cloth system has been introduced in the latest Max versions of course.
Demolitions were created using many different tecniques, like animated free form deformations, mesh bombs, cloth simulation (part of the collapsing tower has been achived with that) particles and more...

The running people animations are mocap the rest is inverse cinematic.

Below you can see some picture taken from the Max viewport that shows more (i'm afraid the pictures linked below will be extremely slow to download, my server is overloaded, sorry for this!)

http://www.cee-gee.net/CG_temp/26_Code.jpg
http://www.cee-gee.net/CG_temp/25_Code.jpg
http://www.cee-gee.net/CG_temp/24_Code.jpg
http://www.cee-gee.net/CG_temp/23_Code.jpg

GreenArrow
04-11-2007, 11:37 PM
Thanks for posting those wip images. I cant wait to see the full WIP. And again good job, this to amazing for words.

This sort of passion must run through your bones. 5 Years wow!
Sorry that it's your last but I'm sure all your works, and moreover your ambitiousness will continue to inspire us all!

masterx3k
04-12-2007, 12:23 AM
Absolutely amazing short.

Great job!

j83
04-12-2007, 03:14 AM
Well, it's been downloading for about 6 hours so far, and it's only 36% done. :D

If you need more mirrors, let me know, as the ones that are up are crawling. ;)

Tsophika
04-12-2007, 05:21 AM
Nazis... yup.
Airplanes... yup.
Giant robots fighting each other... yup.

Nice work Marco! A lot of varied and interesting shots. The amount of digital characters were fantastic.

TNTDigitalWorks
04-12-2007, 07:34 AM
congratulations! really a lot of work! 5 year!! what a deep passion!! i even cannot find a word to express my respect.

congratulations again!

btw, what's your next project? ;)

Grrrrrrr
04-12-2007, 09:13 AM
Even though i agree there are some things in the whole idea that are not so interesting, i really have to say:GREAT WORK!

Are you planning anything next>?

turx
04-12-2007, 09:47 AM
like most people i was wondering when it will be completed and here it is.
great short!
from cinematography to models, all well done!
To see lots of Baldasseroni works in it, was really nice.

congrats!

Intervain
04-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Hey,

yeah I ment the German one, sorry! Thanks for the info - well the truck did an awesome job! That screatchy sound is creepy:)

SyaPed
04-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Any chance we could get some more mirrors up? I've tried the 3 that are up but they're either painfully slow or don't work. Really want to see this.

jussing
04-12-2007, 11:35 AM
This movie should do something positive for the rather sloppy reputation of collaboration films!

Awesome action, it's like Pearl Harbor meets Empire Strikes Back meets.... Transformers?

I didn't spot the Ark of the Covenant, gotta see it again.

I didn't like the voice acting... but that's always difficult, unless you're working with pros. And why did they wait so long before sending in the robot? Felt like sacrificing some planes? ;) And a bit too much shaky-cam for my taste, but then again, I'm allergic to shaky-cam, and it does seem to be the hot thing at the moment, everybody wants to shake.

Congratulations again on the enormous feat,
- Jonas

katana2665
04-12-2007, 11:54 AM
13 hours to download, but it was worth it. I can't get my head around the German looking like an old hound dog, but they way you handled the naval base and all the people was in my opinion, the best part. That was one massive looking set! When the Army one came out it was Beers all around! You did a nice job on the Samurai as well, but then you dropped back into a future establishing shot without really getting into how the two warriors ended up that way...that's minor though considering that you put together such an amzing body of work...Good luck to your future.

biliousfrog
04-12-2007, 12:02 PM
I had to wait for 10 mins for those images to download before I could reply on a 2mb connection!...can you just add a link to the images?

Congratulations on the movie. As previously mentioned, the cinematography is excellent. The Mustang sequences are exceptionally good, unfortunately I found the US Vs Nazi, battling robots part just a bit too rediculous & I lost interest rapidly.

I'll give my honest comments & crits, these are obviously personal opinions although our office also watched the movie & had very similar views.

The German robot design could be better, mainly the face & helmet. It looks like it has a 70's wig & comedy beard disguise kit on.

Did it really walk across the ocean? His legs don't look long enough.

The main pilot speaks v e r y s l o w e l y. I'm guessing that it is you or one of your friends talking in an American accent, maybe ask a genuine American on these boards to speak those parts?

I have mentioned the fighting robot sequence, I thought that it spoiled it a bit, it was a little too obvious. I might have enjoyed it more if it wasn't so "TV" eg. I'll hit you, you hit me, Buffy style fighting. It just seems a bit stupid that the US wasted a bunch of planes when they could have just sent out their robot in the first place.

The Japanese robot is definitely the best looking robot...why don't we see more of him?

What are you trying to say at the end? It looks a little like you've ran out of time or momentum & just wrapped it up... "I can't bear to animate another fight sequence, let's just end the film with some time-lapse stuff".

Those are my negative points, not to knock your work but just to offer possible improvements. On a positive note, you've achieved soooo much. It looks amazing. The effects, texturing, rendering, lighting...brilliant!.

Manuel3D
04-12-2007, 12:23 PM

Grandioso Marco!!
Lo aspettavo da tempo e secondo me non hai deluso nessuna aspettativa!! Davvero un lavoro stupendo.... complimenti a te e a tutti coloro che ti hanno aiutato nel realizzare questo fantastico corto.

A presto ciao! :scream:

CEE-GEE
04-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Hi biliousfrog,
I do appreciate your crits, here some answers to them :)

Abut the german robot design, it's interesting because there are people who likes it very much and others that think they look funny. The face is designed taking inspiration from an old truck front, the helmet could recall Darth Vader, could be a wig that too? :D
I didn't pay attention about how deep the sea floor is, I think it just look more interesting and scary to see a goliath looking machine, walking trough the sea.
The main pilot was dubbed by an american speaker, who does that for living, I'm italian and of course it's hard for me to recognize specific foreign accent :) I've choose him because of his voice sound.
About the robot fight, yes maybe too obvious. Why sacrifying all those planes? Eheheh, it was fun working on that, simple as that :) And, well, maybe Gandalf could had flying with the giant eagles directly to Mordor and throwing the ring into the volcano, then we don't have the Lord of the Rings trilogy here ;)
I like the Japanese robot very much, it's just part ot the epliogue, I think that showing another fight would have been incredibly boring and repetitive and yes, I do prefer to work on the next movie than investing another year for another fight :) On the other side I admit that finding an epilogue with some sense, took me a while and maybe the final idea isn't so brilliant.

For whom interested, no, it's not my last movie, I hope I will able to work on the next project very soon . I need some rest of course, but most probably it will be a fantasy short movie.
I don't know if I can afford 13 mins again, too much challenging, extremely time consuming and the risk is to getting bored while working on it. That would be the death of a no-profit project like this...

Thanks again for your comments guys!

TunnelLight
04-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Hi Cee Gee,

I really enjoyed watching the short. Animation was a bit clunky in places but was over quick enough no to ruin the vid. I like the lighting and atmospherics a lot and am interested what renderer did you use?

I've had a lot of interested people watching it over my shoulder as well.

Well Done and I look forward to more.

Playford

MicahHymer
04-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Wow that was some serious committment on your part. Incredible work, what a payoff for you. 5*!

noob-saibot
04-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Downloading! Been waiting for this for over 3 years, can't wait to see it!

Congrats Marco (and your team), Thanks for finishing it

nottoshabi
04-12-2007, 09:27 PM
I can't see it it wont download. I guess your bandwith is really streched.

Taibatsu
04-12-2007, 11:48 PM
I can't say how much i found this short movie awesome, i saw it with my two roomates and we were all very impressed. Really, it's a a big congratulations because you're a very good director and the team has made a very excellent work. I'm sorry my english can't explain more my felicitations, and my italian is a bit old :)

Edit : I agree the Dark Vador's style of the german robot, and maybe if there really is a Star Wars music in this short, it has influence also the impression :)

Again, great very great work :)

thx1138
04-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Friggin' awesome !! :thumbsup:

The amount of work that was put into this is stagering. I cannot believe you managed to stay on track and finish the job. Respect.

The teaser-trailers showed some of the surprises unfortunately, but the samurai at the end is briljant. And overall, it still is very entertaining and well worth the wait.

Be speaking to you again in 4 years when the next mega project is done ? ;)

joelfurtado
04-13-2007, 01:44 AM
wow... i have nothing new to say that hasn't already been said... but this is so insanely massive i felt i had to post something. For an independent project of this nature, I've rarely seen anything so complete and well done... and LONG... haha. how the hell did you pull this off anyways? would love to hear more about the project.

congrats!

PK-man
04-13-2007, 02:06 AM
Wow....that's one word I'll have to say...just wow!! :buttrock:

The models and textures are all superb!! My favourite part was the Mustang vs the German robot sequence. I love the awesome camera work. The lost ark was a nice touch! (Where's Indy?) The amount of work and effort that's put into this is mind-boggling.

The head of the German Robot does look a lot like Darth Vader's helmet. How did it manage to "walk" across the ocean? Watching this sort of gave me this weird "World War II Gundam" type of feeling. It'll be cool if there was a 3 way fight between the US robot and German and Japanese robot.

I noticed the Nazi symbols are mirrored at around the 0:56 mark, compared to the one on the officer's arm band.

This is one fantastic short movie. I can't wait to see your next project!!

Zorrino
04-13-2007, 02:31 AM
You did an excellent job here!

jussing
04-13-2007, 03:36 AM

MIRROR

http://www.duck.dk/mirrors/CodeGuardian_DivX_001.avi

I'll take it down if the load kills my site! :)

mnp
04-13-2007, 06:09 AM
Excellent job dude!

I love the ark of the covenant, made me go back and pause it just to make sure.

jammin
04-13-2007, 06:14 AM
THANK YOU JUSSING!

and great work CEE-GEE -i enjoyed every minute.

jussing
04-13-2007, 08:00 AM
I can't find the Ark!

(I must be digging in the wrong place... maybe I need the other side of the medallion)

EDIT: Ok, I've got it. Cute. :)

Dresse
04-13-2007, 09:00 AM
WOW. just WOW.

Sweet movie you guys made!!

The only thing that bothers me a bit was the animation where the robot threw the truck at the plane... that was not really convincing in my opinion...
And i also think that you didn't have to animate the whole fight with the japanese robot, but maybe just the first punch? so that we know there is gonna be a fight.. Now I was a bit confused, I thought "maybe he is there to help" :-)

But still, great movie!

jvk-031
04-13-2007, 03:43 PM
all mirrors are terribly slow for me, 5 kb/s takes me 5 hours but im half way, hope it's worthed :)

edit: the next day: And it was :) very very good. specially the end, were nobody even remembers or cares what happend and the robots are just a monuments.

jussing
04-14-2007, 11:13 AM
all mirrors are terribly slow for me, 5 kb/s takes me 5 hours but im half way, hope it's worthed

Odd, my mirror should give up to 7 megabytes per second, if you're on a fast line...

- Jonas

CGmonkey
04-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Odd, my mirror should give up to 7 megabytes per second, if you're on a fast line...

- Jonas

2mb per second.. just over a minute. NIICE thanks! :)

Great stuff.. Pure awesomeness.

mstram
04-14-2007, 05:32 PM
The running people animations are mocap the rest is inverse cinematic.

What does "inverse cinematic" mean? Live actors ?

E.g. the guy running beside the building at ~ 4:35 ... is that a live actor or CGI?

Mike

jason2
04-14-2007, 05:58 PM
oh my godis great.wo !:scream: :bounce:very specialty

Solskjaer
04-15-2007, 01:59 AM
Am I going nuts or did I see the ark from Indiana Jones, on about 7 minutes. The movie was awesome though

Darkflame
04-15-2007, 04:19 AM
Excelent, Excelent work here!
Some great camera shots.

I particularly like the temporal transitions at the end with the camera pulling back.

The robots fighting were great, but I thought the dog fighting was the best, great from a creative and artistic standpoint as well as technical.

Any chance I could host this on my animation channel?
http://www.veoh.com/channels/AnimationAllience
I'm trying too collect all the best animation I see from around the web there.
(obviously,and comments or links you want put with it I'll do)

sinIcide
04-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Bravo. Great story and great cg. I loved how the Japanese robot just came out of the water after fighting the nazi robot. It added an awesome twist on the story.

megamusZoidus
04-15-2007, 10:56 PM
holy crapper....effing cool, have been waiting for this for years. but its kinda suprising that none of the warships attacked the german robot.

i think i saw the ark of covenant.... nice easter egg

Mactaveous
04-16-2007, 05:41 AM
Holy cow that was cool. That was like movie theatre quality. How long did that take?

da11393
04-16-2007, 06:44 AM
fantastic job :thumbsup: Well done :thumbsup:

atd
04-17-2007, 12:02 AM
Hello

Well, after having seen your shortfilm, I have kept a flavor something bitter, I have read the previous comments carefully and

I find opportune to give one more opinion. Mainly when we are speaking about a product that one comes gestating for 5 years.

with everything the sacrifice that a project carry on.

To begin I should point out that as soon as the video began I start to worry,with the animation of CeeGee. ? As it is possible

that somebody this making something so much time and doesn't dedicate at least some days to the presentation of the producer or

realization team. I want to delimit that in this case the animation of the recipient is quite amateur and together with them

they run the same luck the following posters of DIGITAL WORLD and the place web. Really one it hurts I insist because ahead of

time it predisposes the spectator for what comes later. Equally the short name suffers of the same wrong. being able make a mix

perfectly with the camera movements among the clouds of the beginning, I end up being already shown with the sadly wornout

effect of volumetric lights or AE trapcode Shine without altering practically anything in their parameters, something that I

also leave a lot that to want. But well lets continue ahead. As for the design of characters don't have a lot to add, I don't

find authenticate but neither bad completely, although to not encourage them you until point was feasible or not. We begin with

some sequences of the glistening germany and their secret weapon. In these sequences in particular finds me that they had been

seen better if you presindiese of the rain (if it is that really rain) and one has simply given with white and black or sepia.

Mainly because you grieve you go the interaction of the rain with the environment and it doesn't contribute anything to the

argument of the history.

We open up then with the scenes of the clouds and the sight of the German robot that I found very good, their interaction with

the sea, the water slipping, the foam and other. I want to delimit that I find quite sad that those all the pilots seems so

equals, and the shines of the water and the refined steel sin of very bad pleasure. This is something that stays during all the

shortfilm and I cut the mention for that reason now and I assume that I am making him reference in all moment.

Continuous the history and the German robot arrives to mainland, everything very well until appears this marine in first plane

with a terrible facial animation. Why?. If they will put it in first plane is it for that has a force in which it is necessary

to invest time, if is not, better not to put it. We continue with the explotion of the tower and the good systems of particles
that I find very gotten. In general sense the systems of particles are very well during the entire short one. Not so much this

way the prefilmed explotions and later on compoused, which lack any integration treatment and they seem that they are on

without any attention to the details, as they can be that the neighborhood is illuminated to the explotion that doesn't burn

the image so much in their center, etc.

we Continue with the destruction of several facilities and naval crafts that are also very well like I had said previously and

the mustang appears, nobody calls them but they appear. (I believe that a text in off has been enough). I find these planes of

the best in the short one as well as those of the battle between the robot and the mustang. I agree with some previous comments

that the pilots speak quite slow for the situation that they are living. If in the second world war has appeared an apparatus

of that magnitude the voice has not been so even. This is a problem of actors' direction rather that 3D. Although the accent is

correct the interpretation is minimum. We enter in the that the German robot participates a truck and it throws it against one

of the mustang. Very good his devises but it collides me that the truck has the intact appearance of the espona. Some change

in the texture in my point of view was enough. I loved the planes of the mustang inside of the angares and among the ships,

they are plane very plastics and the to tencion to the details of the jets of it dilutes in the tank after the impact of

bullets. None of the airplanes harmed to the giant, neither so at least robot a scratch, in spite of their unfolding and

formations. Then as that it loses interest in the battle from a point in which the bad win and they continue winning will that

the good ones alone they know how to lose.

In this case you dilates for edition too much this battle of the mustang or you underestimates the weapons of the airplanes

partly. There is a moment in the one that the robot German you veers after the approach of one of the mustang and leave like he

skates in the place, very bad animation appear in this plane in which I believe that it would be to lend but attention, I

believe that but well to re-do it.

The battle among the two robots trascurre enough afternoon in the short but good, but it takes that never and mainly if he has

so good setting in scene and interaction among the characters. Alone at the end when the American robot puts him the head arm

it leaves a jet of white sparks in I don't understand that serious but good chemical compound came out white. And the

ralentizado of camera of the american robot's victory that I find that must be rerender . And not to bet for cheap solutions as

those of the copies of squares that they steal so much fluides and quality to the movement of the scene. As for the Japanese

robot's appearance I find very good although it was the prelude of an end aided. He gave me the sensasion that the director got

bored of the project and they wanted to finish it with a good solution. But that it is my opinion, to him better it was planned

this way here from a beginning and me making conjectures.

There are several points in those that the short one has their best successes, among those that the magnifies camera animation,

so much subjective as objective, as well as the illumination. The shortfilm has very good picture, so much this way as the

textures, sound band and the music. But unfortunately with that a good audiovisual work is not made. And I repeat it is one it

hurts being a since I plan that it has lasted so much time: !! 5 years!!, has harvested better successes if their planning and

address taken care until the I finish detail. I believe that in the next project you should dedicate more time to this stage

that to all the other ones and the serious results a lot more fortunate. And this way the delivery in body and serious soul

but not deserved alone for you but for other people that help you and they accompany in your dream of making art in a 3D world.

Greetings

atd

PD: Sorry my poor english anyway.

Grrrrrrr
04-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Sorry my poor english anyway.

Your writting style is giving me a headake :banghead:

Darkflame
04-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Greatings.

I think it is the fact that inspite of which, your post is hard to read and while it may be of the fact that might of been of which you are not good at english which is. Of course, under

standable. That dosnt explain why the words and the writters of which you post are so long and broken, with a pointlessness. There is probably of which good fine critical stuff in there

of which might may be, but the length and the post of which is makes it hard to read with the splittings of the lines into two. Maybe in future a bullet pointed list of which might be a

better idea.

[/sorry, couldnt resist :D]

atd
04-17-2007, 11:18 PM
Hello again

Sorry if my loooooong critic make some headake but I'm a spanish native spoken. I make my coment in spanish and then "semi"-trasnlate with powertranslator, make some corrections as long as I could and posted. Sorry again. I only want to show my point of view and don't make any missunderstanding.

For those who spoke spanish this is the post:

Bueno despues de haber visto tu corto me he quedado con un sabor algo amargo, he leido cuidadosamente los comentarios anteriores y me parece oportuno dar una opinion mas al respecto. Que creo que nunca esta de mas. Sobre todo cuando estamos hablando de un producto que se viene gestando desde hace 5 anos con todo el sacrificio que un proyecto de esta envergadura conlleva.

Para comenzar debo señalar que en cuanto comenzo el video me comenze a preocupar,con la animacion de CeeGee. ? Como es posible que alguien este haciendo algo tanto tiempo y no le dedique al menos algunos dias a la presentacion de la productora o equipo de realizacion. Quiero acotar que en este caso la animacion del recipiente me parece bastante amateur y junto con ellos corren la misma suerte los siguientes carteles de "DIGITAL WORLD" y el sitio web. Realmente una lastima insisto porque de antemano predispone al espectador para lo que viene despues.

Igualmente el nombre corto padece del mismo mal. pudiendose mesclar perfectamente con los movimientos de camara entre las nubes del inicio, acabo siendo mostrado con el ya tristemente gastado efectico de luces volumetricas o trapcode Shine sin alterar practicamente nada sus parametros, algo que tambien dejo mucho que desear.

Pero bueno sigamos adelante. En cuanto al diseño de personajes no tengo mucho que agregar, no me parece autentico pero tampoco malo del todo, aunque para animarlos no se hasta que punto fueron factibles o no. Comenzamos con unas secuencias de la alemania reluciente en la se debela su arma secreta. En estas secuencias en particular me parece que se hubieran visto mucho mejor si se presindiese de la lluvia (si es que eso es lluvia) y simplemente se hubiese dado con blanco y negro o sepia. Sobre todo porque apenas se ve la interaccion de la lluvia con el entorno y no aporta nada al argumento de la historia. Abrimos entonces con las escenas de las nubez y el avistamiento del robot aleman que me parecio muy buena su interaccion con el mar, el agua escurriendose, la espuma y demas. Quiero acotar que me parece bastante triste que los todos los pilotos se me parescan tanto, y los brillitos del agua y el acero pulido pecan de muy mal gusto. Esto es algo que se mantiene durante todo el corto por eso lo mensiono ahora y asumo que le estoy haciendo referencia en todo momento.

Continua la historia y el robot aleman llega a tierra firme, todo muy bien hasta que aparece este marine en primer plano con una pesima animacion facial. Porque?. Si lo van a poner en primer plano es por que tiene que tener una fuerza en la que hay que invertir tiempo sino mejor no ponerlo. Seguimos con la expocion de la torre y el buen derroche de sistemas de particulas que me parecen muy conseguidos. En sentido general los sistemas de particulas estan muy bien durante el corto. No tanto asi las explociones filmadas y posteriormente compuestas, las cuales carecen de ningun tratamiento de integracion y parecen que estan puestas sin ninguna atencion a los detalles, como pueden ser que se iluminen los alredetores a la explocion, que no se queme tanto la imagen en su centro, etc.

Seguimos con la destruccion de varias instalaciones y embarcaciones navales que tambien estan muy bien como habia dicho anteriormente y aparecen los mustang, nadie los llamo pero ellos aparecen. (creo que un texto en off hubiese bastado). Estos planos me parecen de los mejores del corto como tambien los de la batalla entre el robot y los mustang. Estoy de acuerdo con algunos comentarios anteriores que los pilotos hablan bastante lento para la situacion que estan viviendo. Si en la segunda guerra mundia se hubiese aparecido un aparato de esa magnitud la voz no hubiese sido tan ecuanime. Este es un problema de direccion de actores mas que de 3D. Aunque el acento es correcto la interpretacion es minima. Entramos en la parte que el robot aleman toma un camion y lo lanza contra uno de los mustang. Muy buena idea pero me choca que el camion tenga la apariencia intacta de los espona. Algun cambio en la textura en mi parecer mas autentico y menos copiado.

Me encantaron los planos del mustang por dentro de los angares y entre los barcos, son planos muy fotograficos y la tencion a los detalles de los chorros de agua en el tanque tras el impacto de balas. Ninguno de los aviones le hizo daño al robot gigante, ni tan siquiera un rasguño, pese a su despliegue y formaciones. Entonces como que pierde interes la batalla desde un punto en el que los malos ganan y siguen ganando mientra que los buenos solo saben perder. En este caso se dilato por edicion demasiado la batalla de los mustang o se subestimo en parte las armas de los aviones.

Hay un momento en el que el robot aleman se vira tras el acercamiento de uno de los mustang y se ve como patina en el lugar, muy mala animacion la de este plano en el que creo que se deberia prestar mas atencion, yo creo que mas bien rehacerlo. La batalla entre los dos robots trascurre bastante tarde en el corto pero bueno, mas tarde que nunca y sobre todo si tiene tan buena puesta en escena e interaccion entre los personajes. Solo al final cuando el robot americano le pone el brazo de cabeza sale un chorro de chispas blancas en no entiendo de que compuesto quimico seria pero bueno salieron blancas.

Y el ralentizado de camara de la victoria del robot americano que me parece que se debio renderear a un mayor numero de cuadros. Y no apostar por soluciones baratas como las de los duplicados de cuadros que le roban tanta fluides y calidad al movimiento de la escena. En cuanto a la aparicion del robot japones me parece muy buena aunque fuera el preludio de un final socorrido. Me dio la sensasion de que los realizadores se aburrieron del proyecto y quisieron terminarlo con una buena solucion. Pero esa es mi opinion, a lo mejor estuvo planeado asi desde un inicio y yo aqui haciendo conjeturas.

Hay varios puntos en los que el corto tiene sus mejores aciertos, entre los que estan la angulacion y magnifica animacion de camara, tanto subjetiva como objetiva, Asi como la iluminacion. EL corto tiene muy buena fotografia, tanto asi como las texturas, banda sonora y la musica. Pero desafortunadamente con eso no se hace una buena obra audiovisual. Y repito es una lastima ya que siendo un proyecto que ha durado tanto tiempo: !! 5 años !!, hubiese cosechado mejores exitos si su planificacion y direccion estubiera mas cuidada hasta el ultimo detalle.

Creo que en el proximo proyecto deberias dedicarle mas tiempo a esta etapa que a todas las demas y los resultados seria mucho mas afortunados. Y asi la entrega en cuerpo y alma seria mas merecida no solo para ti sino para las demas personas que te ayudan y acompañan en tu sueño de hacer arte en un mundo 3D.

atd

ivica
04-20-2007, 03:15 PM
stifle a yawn ... bad germans, bad japanese ... good americans .. how boring to see these stereotypes again and again ... great pictures for a very weak story ... sorry
sauerkraut-frank

I really would not take it literally. It is parallel universe, it aswell could be cylons, klingons, clones, red ants, napoleon army, they just chosed it for design iconography, and atmosphere... don't be serious about the stereotype, they certanly did not intend to reproduce another PearlHarbor movie :)

gmueckl
04-21-2007, 12:22 AM
A lot of people here state that the German robot reminded them of Darth Vader. But as I recall, the original costume for that character was made out of a German WW2 uniform costume from on old war movie that was still lying around at the studio, so this not much of a surprise to me.

Anyway, great work!

jussing
04-21-2007, 07:45 AM
Fraenk: it's a short movie, not a feature. Stereo types are allowed to get the story going faster. :)

As for the Vader helmet... well, both WWII helmets (as gmueckl points out) and samurai helmets already look a lot like Vaders helmet. Actually I think Vader's helmet is borrowed from the samurai armor more than a WWII helmet.

Cheers,
- Jonas

sanhueza
04-21-2007, 09:39 AM
I've been waiting a long time to see this, and I must congratulate your team on the excellent work you did! Most of the criticisms I would note have already been pointed out by others in this thread. Besides, a project that's this long and with such a broad scope (and such a small team) cannot be expected to be perfect.

The movie was fun, you should definitely be proud of all the hard work you put into it. LOVED the Ark! :)

I am very very shocked that this hasn't found it's way to the front page yet. Peace,

- me

www.sanhueza.com (http://www.sanhueza.com)

jussing
04-21-2007, 10:52 AM
I am very very shocked that this hasn't found it's way to the front page yet. Peace,It was there like a week ago. ;)

sanhueza
04-21-2007, 11:34 AM
It was there like a week ago. ;)

I am very very shocked that I didn't notice that... :p

petejor
04-21-2007, 08:21 PM
What a superb short, no crit. Couple of guys, spare time and passion.
Hollywood must be s**ting themselves

Jussin vbmenu_register("postmenu_4324084", J(Lord of the posts) thanks for the Mirror, downloaded in 6 mins!!

ToastBusters
04-21-2007, 09:47 PM
I just watched this and... wow. Congrats, you should be proud of this one. Even with the minor flaws (throwing the truck, unnatural sounding voice work...) it's still a masterpiece in my book.

As for the plot hole in the delay of the American robot, knowing that it was coming, I was expecting it to have to travel a distance to get there. So the planes would have been a first response, being a bit quicker than the cumbersome robot... but when the American was right there... it was like, WTF? Why did they wait then?

Either way, it was a joy to watch. I loved the little details like the Ark and the Covenant. I look forward to your next piece with equal anticipation, even if it takes another five years; because with your track record, it'll be five years worth waiting. :)

D2F-blade
04-22-2007, 01:51 PM
hey congrats on the finished product. Looks good.

LOTK
04-22-2007, 09:27 PM
You've done some serious work there guys!

I love the motion, the fx, the lights and the shaders. This is a complete production,
not sure if you rendered the whole thing at home PCs ?:PP

At the beginning I was not sure about the WWII content, but then I realised the fun behind your story and I found it very nice.

Jussing thanks for the mirror, you guys need a host for the video because it's eating up your bandwidth or perhaps there is not much bandwidth ;)

I know Alessandro Baldasseroni's work too, he does really good stuff, well done again

Keep up the good work and we look forward to your next short!

LOTK

uberben
04-22-2007, 09:33 PM
That was amazing. When that plane crashed at 6:25, did it knock open a box containing the Arc of the Covonant? Good work with the details.

mathieuburri
04-22-2007, 10:01 PM
Nice work dude..

To be 100% honest, giant robot fighting (especially during WWII), is not my cup of tea, but the final result is entertaining, technically really good, and above all: congratulation to you who had the strengh to continue this during 5 years.

Fraenk
04-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Fraenk: it's a short movie, not a feature. Stereo types are allowed to get the story going faster. :)

sorry but that's nonsens ... i movie is always nothing more than a story told in pictures. but just only beauty colors make no painting. unfortunately so many movies these days are just moving pictures with a weak or no story, crumpled around cgFX. i respect the work on that shorty and there are awesome effects and so on, but the plot is not well told. in a classical drama you always have a exposition, a main part and the end (drama or comedy) you have to establish all main actors in the exposion otherwise the audience will get confused. and a good story leads the mainactors through it: they have problems that shell be solved. there must be a progression! so ... what happend in this movie is that the main-actor (nazi-robot) died in the middle of the movie and suddenly we have a new main-actor (the us-robot)?! that's strange! so what is the story about? a us-robot, a nazi-robot or war or what? you can call me a nitpicker or something but i keep my opinion that a movie is just a story and that should be told right!

cheers frank

jussing
04-24-2007, 10:36 PM
sorry but that's nonsens ...That's funny, because apart from the word "nonsense", you don't really seem to disagree with me. :) Nothing else you wrote contradicts what I said.

Act I sets up the conclift: The Germans send a giant robot to fight the Americans, and it kick arse, BUT, the Americans have a robot, too! ("the hook")

Now we have a protagonist with a problem - the antagonist.

Act II is: The main conflict, the fight.

Act III ends the conflict with the death of the Nazi robot, but.... there's a twist. the Japs have a robot, too!

Storytelling 101. And remember, rules of movie making are made to be broken, once you learn them. The one who follows all rules will be the one making the corny Hollywood movies. ;)

Cheers,
- Jonas

Fraenk
04-25-2007, 09:51 AM
ok ... you're right. so the story is about the fact, that every country has/should have a war-robot ... that's not a story. where is the statement? is it against war or not? maybe the director helps me with that!

Storytelling 101. And remember, rules of movie making are made to be broken, once you learn them. The one who follows all rules will be the one making the corny Hollywood movies. ;)

Cheers,
- Jonas

that's true indeed ...

frank

jussing
04-25-2007, 01:48 PM
so the story is about the fact, that every country has/should have a war-robot ... that's not a story. where is the statement? is it against war or not? maybe the director helps me with that!Yes, it would be interesting to have the director's reply to that.

My personal interpretation (and I'm not involved with the project in any way), is that it's part standard mythological tale of good vs. evil, clash of the titans, and part action-version of Dr. Strangelove - if one country develops a superweapon, all countries want one. Weapons race, world wars... It's the truth about our planet, albeit a bit exagerated for the sake of drama.

Most of all, it's a cool action piece - giant fighting action robots (!) - and the above mentioned themes and story elements are just enough to take it above the "only action and effects" category.

Cheers,
- Jonas

Darkflame
04-25-2007, 09:13 PM
Films do not, and indeed, should not, imo, need to carry a message or deliver a statement.
Entertainment is important in itself, it should not need extra weight to justify its existance.

This was a fun animation with giant robots fighting.
It could have had a more complex story, and (imo) I would have prefered an against-the-odds fight with tiny humans trying too take down a big robot rather then bot vs bot.

But thats just personal preferance.
This was a fun animation of an epic battle, with nice camera work and good quality animation. The good guys won.
Thats it. Thats all it needs to be :p

Fraenk
04-25-2007, 09:39 PM
Films do not, and indeed, should not, imo, need to carry a message or deliver a statement.
Entertainment is important in itself, it should not need extra weight to justify its existance.

you can't be serious! ... sorry but that sounds like stuff for brain-dead-tv-audience, hypnotized by that flickering window that entertains your life like in the leisure park of "pinocchio".

jussing
04-26-2007, 06:55 AM
If it's entertaining, it doesn't need any further "meaning" or "point" to justify its existence.

Think of it like a joke - if a joke makes you laugh, will you then analyze it to find out if it had enough story and character development? No, if it made you laugh, then it did its job.

Action needs only enough story to involve you so much that it's gripping and entertaining, and I think Code Guardian does just that.

Cheers,
- Jonas

Darkflame
04-27-2007, 02:22 AM
you can't be serious! ... sorry but that sounds like stuff for brain-dead-tv-audience, hypnotized by that flickering window that entertains your life like in the leisure park of "pinocchio".

Not at all.
Nothing I said or implied entertainment should be simplistic, shallow or predictable.
(Indeed,personaly I cant stand the trend away from scripted drama's too reality tv shows)

My point was merely that entertainment is an end to itself, it does not need to be anything else.
A piece of entertainment that ""carrys a message"" is not automaticaly worth more then one that does not. (indeed, some of the biggest pieces of garbage ever made have been stuff that 'carrys a massage').

So lets stop spinning that wheel of morality, and bury the ideology of Edutainment eh? ;)

Allen M
04-27-2007, 08:47 AM
I want to see it but I can't get better then a 5KB/s download from any of the mirriors!

It'll finish in 9 hours. :sad:

MatteoM
04-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Great! Great! Great!

Marco fantastik movie ;)

Matteo

jussing
04-30-2007, 08:35 AM
I want to see it but I can't get better then a 5KB/s download from any of the mirriors!Not this mirror:

Glacierise
04-30-2007, 08:36 AM
Totally awesome! The only flaw I found was the voice acting of the bilots, but - whatever! Absolutely masterfull short!!!

rocker_lx
04-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Finaly your animation is finished.

Great work, I really like the WW2 flair you brought to this moving image. And no need for a Oscar worthy story, I enjoyed watching it, and this what counts for me.

I'm amazed how you managed to keep the quality of the movie over all those years. I mean computers got faster, you have more memory, software evolves, it must be very tempting to improve this effect, and that texture, and this model and so no....

Overall it's an impressive work.

5 Stars

DaveA
05-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Incredible work! Loved every frame. The little details are what got me, in particular the way water dripped off the robots arm while he was in the ocean. Or the sailor on the ship in the foreground staring at the robot striding past him in the bay....and of course, the Ark.

Some have criticized the throwing of the truck, and while the initial dynamics of the toss looked a bit off, it was certainly a neat shot through the cock-pit window to see the truck coming at them head-on.

The timing for releasing this movie is a bit interesting....and it may produce a reaction that you won't like. The lighting, effects, direction, scale and scope of this movie have more to do with Pearl Harbor than any other movie (IMHO - but take this as a compliment that your work stands alongside that of ILM's). And when you consider that Pearl Harbor was directed by Michael Bay and that Code Gaurdian has giant killer robots fighting the military similar to what we will see in the Transformers movie coming out this summer (also directed by Michael Bay), some may think that this is a homage to Michael Bay rather than a unique Marco Spitoni CG creation!

Oh well....you tried! ;-)

One other question: How come you have yet to be profiled in 3D World? I've recommended this to their editor (Jim Thacker) on a number of occassions. It just stuns me that they have not tapped you for upcoming "Showreel" section.

Overall....astounding work! Your work is inspirational.

3D-Pangel

Random Sime
05-03-2007, 12:32 PM
In between Iron Man scoops and Spiderman 3 reviews, this got a plug on Aintitcool.com!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32506

DogBreath
05-04-2007, 11:52 PM
I like that movie (and believe me, I've seen a few), I had fun watching it and it was well worth the wait, after The Hunt.
I too was surprised I did'nt see it on the front page,as I check it most days. It's the kind of project I would have expecteded to have seen there for maybe 1 - 2 weeks (regardless of what other front page worthy items there were). Perhaps a CGSociety interview would give this team of artists a bit more of the kudos they deserve.
Hi Marco, you and your friends have done it again, this is another inspirational movie made by people with access to a computer some software and imagination combined with lots and lots and lots of hard work and a long time spent getting all the details to come together.

The Rebel Alliance helmet on the USA robot was funny....I did'nt see the Ark yet. I wonder how many movies you saw while you were making this that made you reconsider adding new scenes. The planes flying through the buildings with millimeters to spare, and doing rolls etc was exciting.

Thanks for The Hunt DVD.

You have created 3 movies that have pushed the boundries of what is achievable, unless you have millions of dollars a 200 - 300 people, at the time of making them. With your first short not many people were putting together anything as long or as close to production quality as you.

With your second film, you created something original, entertaining, and beautiful, all those trees, is what I though of at the time. My computer would grind to a halt with one tree and the terrain map you had. Not to mention the cool Mech Dinosaur you made. It may have been 3.5 mins, but it was 3.5 mins of wow, cool, I wanna do that.

The third is 13 minutes of action that most full length features spend 80 minutes building up to. The detail and share quantity of assets is mind boggling for a non commissioned project, I congratulate you and all the people that worked on this, especially Alesaandro Baldasseroni, Giovanni Bianchin and Iacopu Di Luigi and Alesaandro Briglia.

Please let me know when and where I can buy the Book, the Making of DVD and the T-Shirt.

ivanisavich
05-05-2007, 01:06 AM
Hey dogbreath....I guess you didn't see it the first couple of days it was posted here because it was on the frontpage :D

mjdowswell
05-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Hey, you guys have got me downloading animations again :) ...I spose a sort of holiday relaxant :) with new addiction thrown in on top.

Really glad I downloaded Code Guardian...really loved it, so many great shots and wonderful detail, great job on both technical and artistic levels.

Mike

CEE-GEE
05-07-2007, 12:18 AM
Just wanted to answer to Fraenk and Darkflame, it seems that someone asked me to say my opinion about the little "story content" arguing.

Well, actually I really don't know what to say, looks like someone took it a bit too seriuosly ;) but that's good to me. Talk about it in a bad or in a good way, the matter is: just talk about it.

I didn't wanted to give a particular message, I had fun doing that and thanks god most people had fun watching it. That's enough for me.
I'm not a brainless TV watcher and I didn't wanted to add 'garbage' to the already satured entertainement world.
I assure you, that I've been watching and enjoying movies that are considered boring by most of the nowadays audience, pure movie cultural references: Fellini, Kubrick, Hitchcock, De Sica, Rossellini, Wenders, Jarmush.
Obviously Code Guardian is just a pop corn short movie, thankfully I haven't tried to imitate the above mentioned directors.

As I said, I'm not a warmonger, I'm italian and I had no interest in emphasizing the fact that USA was on the right side of the war. But it was, at least, for Europe during WW2.
And definitely they did terrible things in order to win the war.

The japanese and US robots fights until the end, no one wins, they froze without fuel after a long and useless battle. They are completely useless today, childrens plays at their foot.
Call that a peaceful message :)
Again, don't take it too seriously, I'm against the war, completely; I'm sure mr. Lucas is against the war as well, but he created a so much entertaining series called STAR WARS.

PEACE & LOVE!

DogBreath
05-07-2007, 07:42 AM
Hi Tyson, nah I missed it on the front page, which was lucky because I was thinking of the projects that I had been watching progress and I remembered Code Gaurdian and went to Marco's site and saw that it had been finished last month.

As I said in my post, I check the front page at least once a week, so it can't of been there long, which I am surprised by. I would expect to see a project like this on the front page for a week at least.

Just having a look at your GUI tut, nice work thank you for doing that.

R3desiGN
05-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Stunning, simply stunning! After all those years... :love: :love: :love:

CGTalk Moderation
05-09-2007, 04:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.