suds
04-10-2007, 06:07 PM
New short film "Regret"

http://stage6.divx.com/user/sudz/video/1183571/Regret

http://www.sudac.tv/
(in the animation section)

NoFatClips
04-10-2007, 07:22 PM
The link you posted needs needs to install some software just to download the file.
Please, consider posting a copy on a more friendly site like Divshare.com

suds
04-11-2007, 12:39 AM
The link you posted needs needs to install some software just to download the file.
Please, consider posting a copy on a more friendly site like Divshare.com

I added a link to my site. I will add a direct link shortly.

Thanks

Darkflame
04-11-2007, 02:02 AM
tsk tsk Torrents are great they save the nets bandwidth :p
uTorrent is a good downloader.
Or just switch to the Opera webbrowser.
---

Anyway,regarding the animation ~ Not bad at all :)
In fact, pretty darn good :)

Any chance you'd let me put it on my animation/sci-fi channel? (which is on both Veoh and Stage6)
Let people watch it without download?
Id give full credit and a link back to your site, of course.

suds
04-11-2007, 02:18 AM
Darkflame, thanks for the download info. As for posting the animation, please do. Could U let me know when its up so I can have a look?

Thanks

Darkflame
04-14-2007, 09:37 PM
Its here;
http://stage6.divx.com/user/Darkflame/video/1186259/REGRET

Tried too put it on Veoh as well where my animation channel is, but it kept erroring :-/
Stage6 is better quality,but you need Divx.
Veoh is flash based, so more universal, but not so good quality. (still, better then YouTube)

TP
04-17-2007, 01:52 PM
well , its a very strange movie , i didnt understand much , but anyway i liked some of the character designs and u got some cool effects there

suds
04-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Its here;
http://stage6.divx.com/user/Darkflame/video/1186259/REGRET

Tried too put it on Veoh as well where my animation channel is, but it kept erroring :-/
Stage6 is better quality,but you need Divx.
Veoh is flash based, so more universal, but not so good quality. (still, better then YouTube)

Thanks Darkflame I changed the link to stage 6, if you want a coppy 4 ur animation channel let me know and send U download link.

Booyah
04-20-2007, 10:18 PM
Very interesting visuals and pretty good animation, but I'm not sure I got the point. I read your headline;
"During an attempt on her life a young a girl watches as her life force leaves her body and enters purgatory..." and I 'm not sure it made anymore sense. I don't get the feeling of purgatory or hell for that matter. Maybe you could help me out here, I hate to see something with very good visuals be lessened because it isn't as "readable" as it could be, I'm sure it took alot of work. there's just alot of questions from the beginning and more as you get into, but I don't feel as if any of them were answered. No offence just confused.

suds
04-21-2007, 03:49 AM
Booyah, don’t fret if you don’t understand it. It is meant to be open for interpretation. Kind of like a song. Originally there was a narrative, a poem in fact, but I scratched it. I wanted people to view it and say what the f***?? As for the description I should have left it blank but I don’t think anyone would view it without one.

The idea behind the short was innocence lost. It starts out with the wedding marching playing (future, hopes, dreams) and opens with a shot of a teddy bear (past, innocence) and reveals a girl standing on a chair. Then we here kids laughing and playing as the camera begins to head towards the girl’s room. This is the motivating force (kids teasing her…) that leads to the hanging.

The butterfly was her soul leaving her body. As she is hanging, starting to die, she has an “out of body experience.” She watches as the butterfly (her life) flies through a graveyard toward a white tree (white tree= good, god…) only to be crushed by a devil (bad, satin…)

As the girl is dying she is looking out the window at the moon, she no longer wants to die. In her “out of body experience” the devil looks up toward the sky and the moon kills him (her futile last attempt to stay alive).

In the end neither heaven nor hell win her soul. The moon which represents her will to live, is eaten by the robot (robot = atheist, non believers, modern day…) she dies as the wedding march plays, representing what could have been. Thus the title Regret.

I don’t expect anyone to get any of that from watching the short but I wanted to do something a little different.

One last thing purgatory is the place in which the soul remains until they have expiated their sins before they go to heaven.

Booyah
04-21-2007, 09:29 PM
Very nice explanation. I can now see excatly what you meant. Very well thought out and excecuted. It really does seem like a poem now, I remember in school having to analyze those coplicated poems in order to find the meanings. It is nice to get the explanation from the author, very deep and thoughtful. Then i only have one last question how long did this take to complete?

suds
04-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Very nice explanation. I can now see excatly what you meant. Very well thought out and excecuted. It really does seem like a poem now, I remember in school having to analyze those coplicated poems in order to find the meanings. It is nice to get the explanation from the author, very deep and thoughtful. Then i only have one last question how long did this take to complete?

2 months (workning on my free time)

CGTalk Moderation
04-30-2007, 07:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.