PDA

View Full Version : the dreamy look

storaro
03-09-2003, 07:35 PM
halo
dose someone know how can i achive the soft and dreamy look of an image?
i use ps7
maby a plugin or so?

jah69
03-10-2003, 02:30 AM
hi

didn't understood what u r looking for but here's a tip for a smooth look (works best on photos):

duplicate the layer where ur art is

go to filters -> blur -> gaussian blur

add a gaussian blur with a value of 5

then change the layer mode to screen or soft light and play with the transparency settings...

or change to another layer mode like overlay

play with the blur settings + layer modes and u'll get a fine smooth result :buttrock:

hope it helps :hmm:

Ian Jones
03-10-2003, 11:24 AM
There are a myriad of ways to achieve this effect. Jah has outlined the general process of blurring and playing with blending modes.

Basically you need a blurred and a sharp image which when combined give you both softness and definition.

Personally I duplicate my image, change the upper blend mode to 'soft light' then go back to the base layer and do a gaussian blur on it, which you can see in realtime as you tweak the blur settings. This sort of technique works best on images with good contrast and already strong lighting.

jah
03-10-2003, 03:45 PM
yes there are many possibilities

for instance: you can add a mask to the layer and choose particular spots on ur image where u want to achieve a smoother result

or try to play with combinations of different types of blur.. like motion blur or even radial blur

cheers :buttrock:

Supervlieg
03-10-2003, 04:19 PM
Try coping the layer with your art, and blur it. Then fiddle around with the layer mode and opacity.

kraal
03-10-2003, 05:18 PM
of just use the 'midnight dream' filter by postfx

cheney
03-10-2003, 06:28 PM
Very simple.

Open the image as a single layer or flattern your layers. Duplicate this layer and set to overlay. You will see a brighter contrasts in colors. Then blur this layer and your will see the exact effect you are looking for. Only two steps.

Enjoy.

storaro
03-10-2003, 06:35 PM
i hop it will do the job

fandalis
03-11-2003, 12:21 PM
median filter is also great in attaining that kind of effect.
filter-noise-median :thumbsup:

daylightz
03-11-2003, 04:09 PM
ok I think the look you are going for is the halo god jesus thing ie radiant light coming off a sorce object here is the key to success using wand tool select one area go to select then selcet simular after that blur your selection ctrl alt D ( I think) after that go to affective layers and select brigtness contrast this will make everying have a halo look as well becuase you made it in effective layers its adjustbale

sorry for spelling I only know how to make pretty pictures

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.