PDA

View Full Version : animation clip - crits welcome!

chriswelsby
04-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Hi Guys,

Thought I would post the piece of animation i have been working on, still go a few issues with it that I am trying to sort out and would really appreciate other peoples opinions. It ends up with the strange camera angle because i am thinking about putting it at the start of my new reel and having my contact details fade in as he leaves the screen. I used Jason Baskin's Bloke character, with a few props i added myself. so thanks Jason.

Anyway i hope i get some good crits, really trying to improve so I can get that first job!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBVGUhESyG8

rickycox
04-10-2007, 12:55 AM
Maybe post a screenshot? It might help to generate more interest in your project.

ivanisavich
04-10-2007, 01:44 AM
Hey man,

Looking nice so far!

My main issue with it right now is there just isn't enough action. Considering the audio clip you chose, I'd expect him to be strutting/dancing all over the stage with a lot of charisma/enthusiasm....right now he just kind of stands in the same place as if he's a karaoke singer instead of a superstar like Elvis....know what I mean?

chriswelsby
04-10-2007, 06:41 AM
Hi Riki, yeah I will post a screen shot soon, havent really thought about the renderered look yet tho!

Hi Ivanisavich, thanks for the crit! I have been going for the karaoke singer with a inflated view of his talents type performance so far. My main thought behind it was that as there is so much effort in the voice he had sort of forgotten about the rest of hi body! I'll have a look at going at it from a different perpective and see what it's like.

thanks again for the crit!

Chris

ivanisavich
04-10-2007, 06:43 AM
Hey Chris,

Well I think the main problem then is the actual voice of the audio clip :P...if he really is just a karaoke singer, she should sound like it :D...I dunno, maybe you were thinking of changing the vocals once you got the animation done? That could actually be quite a funny clip if the voice sounded awful---sorta like the singer in the short film "The Chubb-Chubbs"...you seen that one?

chriswelsby
04-10-2007, 06:48 AM
Hi,

I havent seen that one i'll have to check it out. The voice is actually a clip of Jim Carrey from Cable Guy, thanks for the advice, think i willl have to look at the performance a bit more.

thanks again

Chris

Booyah
04-10-2007, 07:52 AM
If your going for the karaoke singer then you need to show it. have tv's posted around him with the words scrolling across or people will never get. Right now he just looks under animated and when he hits the parts where he is doing the studder thing that really needs to be shown in the mouth and body. You could also take his poses a little further and have him hit 'em with a little more umph and conviction. it needs some work and truthfully i would not put it and the beginning of your demo reel. keep working hard

CGTalk Moderation
04-10-2007, 07:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.