PDA

View Full Version : Combine Geometry After Skinning

Wilson-3d
04-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Wow I am getting behind. One issue after another. I did a search on this one and found some similar threads but nothing right on the money.

I Skinned my character and was like - crap - I forgot the blendshapes. So I used Mike Comets SaveWeights plug and was able to create a blend shape but then it got a little more complicated.

I never merged the Eyebrows/hair to the rest of the body. I skinned them both together and thought that was a good way of doing it but did not realize the problem with blendshapes. I guess you cannot make a blend shape from multiple objects. For a work around I am using joints for influence objects that are affecting both skin and eyebrows but I would like a cleaner blendshape if I can use that too.

Does anyone know the work around to get the eyebrows combined to the skin and then be able to create blenshapes. I am using 7.0. Would the Topology Propagation for blendshapes or the substitute geometry features help?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

-Chris

Wilson-3d
04-10-2007, 01:37 PM
seems a better choice for me is to parent the hair to the skin. I did not realize that would allow you to creat blendshapes with multiple objects. Anyone know of problems when you do it this way?

CGTalk Moderation
04-10-2007, 01:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.