PDA

View Full Version : AE-Language Question

PixelVampire
03-09-2003, 03:28 PM
Hi!
I am new to compositing side of things so after bit of research I have decided to buy AE. Now my problem is-

*1- do I buy the standard version or the pro. version.
I use Maya and want to composite my animations with live footage + spice thing up a bit.

*2- A german guy wants to sell AE 5.5 Pro version as he never got around to using it. So I might buy it from him for cheap.
At present I have a trial version of AE. When I install it I get the choice to choose the language. Is that the case with the Non-trial Pro version as well???
I mean he said he has a German version....(I don't speak German) so will I be able to choose the installation language ie. English????
Can some please just start the "set up" on the Pro version and see if there is the option to choose the installation language like in the trial version.

I am in a non-english speaking country so I need your help. PLEASE!!!
Thanks.

mikeboers
03-09-2003, 07:18 PM
I would say that if you are planning to do some beautiful compositing with Maya.... definitely go with the Pro bundle. Even just for the Maya camera/lighting importing functions.

You can render out your frames, and then import them with the camera data... so you can very easily composite 2d elements into the 3d scene with the proper lighting, perspective, ect.

Also, the motion tracker in the pro bundle is actually quite good, despite what many on these boards might say. You can composite your 3d elements acurately into a 2d scene, with all the motion from the original shot. I've even got myslef into some handheld compositing shots lately... Not very much fun without the motion tracker.

As for your second question... I really dont know! :p

If you post some of the things that your are thinking you might want to do, I'll help you figure out if the Pro bundle is nessisary for that work.

MiKEY

PixelVampire
03-09-2003, 08:04 PM
Thanks for your reply "sector996"

Ok I come from Product design background. Right now I am working as a Graphic designer. My sketching and conceptual design skills are very good. Now recently I got into Maya. So I am not at an advanced stage yet with Maya but I have already started producing some descent models etc.
Now I was thinking about broadening my skills by learning AE so that I could do more interesting compositing with my Maya animations for now and the future.
Plus some video editing and spicing it up with AE. I am in a country where I need to do a bit of all to keep the money coming in :-)

dg
03-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Go for PRO Bundle, it has keying functions and some other extras that aren't avaliable in the simple version.
AE is a very good app, in fact I think he is awesome, very nice for effects, because of the abundancy of plugins avaliable, the compositing workflow is easy to learn because is very similar with the PS one. The tracker is fine for simple things, but it fail with more complex work for a few reasons:
- He don't have the ability to track something outside the window
- You can't add multiple tracker at the same time
- He can't track masks vertices or masks
- and some other limitations

But it's very precise and powerful tool

Abou the language option, I'm not sure but I think it's possible to change in the installation process.

See Ya!:cool:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.