PDA

View Full Version : Animated Comic: Deadland

Sinjitsu
04-08-2007, 06:06 PM
My previous thread was closed for whatever reason so let me add it again with additional comments and requests:

I have begun writing a script for an animated comic series about a man in the Western US during the civil war or shortly after. It is a horror concept based upon Dante's Inferno, the main character being the Son of Perdition, taking the fool's journey or "being the prodigal son".

Each episode will be based upon a tarot card, taking him one step closer to Hell and his destiny.

I'll send a sample from the script to anyone interested. th escript is not complete and is very much a work in progress. Some 3d character development has been done. the design concept I have is borrowed perhaps a bit from Dali... elongated features... thin characters and animals... twisted landscapes.

I am in search of environmental designers, concept artists for some of the characters, animators, as I know my own limitations and skinning/animating is one of them. I'm a fairly decent organic modeler, lighter and compositor, however animation is certainly not my strong suit at the moment... hence the comic feel I am attempting.

I haven't seen anything quite like what I would like to accomplish. Picture a comic book in motion, with moves to new frames being the transitions vs traditional cuts or dissolves. Page turns would be dissolves etc... we could animate each cel or leave some with only text balloons... variants galore.

drop me a line at robert_bear@msn.com (http://forums.cgsociety.org/robert_bear@msn.com) or reply here if interested in talking.

Frankly, I would just like to collaborate and get something done. I have other ideas if you aren't into westerns:

I have performed extensive research into Jewish Mysticism and Angelic lore, in preparation of writing a script based on the "Titans" or "Nephilim" mentioned in Genesis... if you are into that sort of thing. Script could be a mix between Constantine and Hellboy with alittle Highlander thrown in...

How bout a comedic Anti-Christ story. Anti-Christ doesn't want to be responsible for the destruction of man kind so instead he moves to a Midwestern Town.. maybe even California... and becomes an exterminator (To gain forwarning of impending demon visits... because a bug infestation always precedes a demon.) His girlfriend is Rosiel.. a demon of lust.. sent initially to bring him back to Hell. She's 5'10" 42-39-56 (You could say she's got it all). She is a bouncer at a strip club. His story woudl revolve mostly around protecting himself and the town... Kind of Comedic with alot of Gory action... Think Cal McDonald... Think Big Trouble in Little China.

I want something far and away from the cutsie simple work that seems to dominate the 3d animation market. Something original with nice design and paceing. Something with a STORY.

Thanks,

Bear

Psyk0
04-09-2007, 04:57 AM
I find the anti-christ idea interesting hehe.

Sinjitsu
04-09-2007, 06:14 AM
It's actually my favorite.. I started modeling him some time ago... I have 8 episodes mapped out to be written.. and anyone who collaborates is welcome to help with the writing if they so wish.

This model started awhile ago and I started fresh because while I liked the horns, I didn't want them so painfully in the way.

CGTalk Moderation
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

CGTalk Moderation
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.