PDA

View Full Version : Voice not in sync

UpAndAway
04-08-2007, 02:14 PM
When I set up voice in Motionbuilder, it does not play back in real time (e.g. the voice will finish playing first, then the animation (mouth talking) will finish maybe 20% (in time) later).

Has anybody else had this problem? Do you think it's memory (1gig) or processor (1.7 Pentium M) related, or are there settings that can correct this? It happens both in 24fps and 30fps.

I thought motionbuilder is supposed to drop frames to keep up (with the sound).

UpAndAway
04-18-2007, 01:27 PM
For the sake of the knowledge base, I'll post the solution.

While troubleshooting, I noticed that the playback frame speed in the Transport Controls started slowing down about half way through the playback, while the voice kept playing in real time -- thus creating an out-of-snyc situation.

It just seemed like it was hitting a memory bottle-neck about half way through.

Exploring, I went into System Properties (right-click, My Computer, Properties, Advanced Tab, Performance Settings, Advanced Tab, Virtual Settings Change), and I noticed that Virtual Memery was on, so I changed Paging File Size for Selected Drive to No Paging File, rebooted machine, and the problem was fixed!

CGTalk Moderation
04-18-2007, 01:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.