PDA

View Full Version : Recording sound from games?

DaForce
03-09-2003, 08:47 AM
Does anyone know of a program that can record sound from within a game...i.e. gameplay sound...the stuff you hear thru your speakers.

Or will it just be a matter of getting a cross over cable going from the speaker out to the line in on my video card and then recording the sound using sound recorder or something.

I am going to be making some movies of game play (bf1942, hitman 2...that sort stuff) and i want to be able to get the sound as well.

I am using Fraps to get the video, but it doesnt record sound yet.

Thanks

PlanetMongo
03-09-2003, 02:37 PM
Heck, dunno, try this:
y connector on the output, one goes to the speakers, the other back into your line-in.
that way you can still hear what's going on... ;)

heavyness
03-09-2003, 03:10 PM
any windows based sound recording program will record the game. i just tired it with UT2003 and Sound Recorder that comes built in windows and it worked. might want to find a capture program that does sound to.

Tommi
03-09-2003, 05:44 PM
That depends on the capabilities of your sound card. Cards by Creative usually have the "record what you hear" option. I believe I couldn't do that that easily with my Terratec sound card, but haven't tried it yet...

heavyness
03-09-2003, 08:14 PM
"That depends on the capabilities of your sound card"

didn't know that. always thought it was windows' job. any who, might just want to get a friend over, wire to his/her computer and have them record it. that way, you wont drop any performance while playing.

DaForce
03-09-2003, 09:43 PM
PlanetMongo: Will do...didnt think of useing a Y connector...Ta

kole: But you would still need to use a Connector to go from your line out to your line in...right??? Or does Sound recorder just record anything that is coming out of your speakers...without the need for the connector?

Tommi: I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2, do you know how to use said feature?...("record what you hear")

kole: Yeah i actually i have a few spare pc's around my house, so i could just easily hook one of them up to mine.....hmmm if only i could find the room.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.