PDA

View Full Version : Xstream 6, Maya MR Network render setup

rleuchovius
04-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Setup: Two computers, one running Maya 8.0 64 bit and Vue 6 Xstream 64 bit, using latest patch. Mentalray satellite 8.0 on the other computer.
Scene: Vue landscape with maya objects.
License: License server with one xstream full license and one render node license.

Render setup: a simple batch file that works when we run it on one computer.
When we try using a satellite, we get white squares on the parts that were rendered on the satellite.

Has anyone sucessfully set up a network render using Maya mental ray, a satellite and vue xstream 6?

techmage
04-25-2007, 11:12 PM
I haven't, but am going to be trying to do this same thing in the future. So I would like to know if this is possible as well.

I can tell one potential problem. Is xstream installed and properly licensed on the computer with satellite? The xstream shaders for mental ray do not contain the xstream rendering engine, they just allow it to interface with the xstream engine that resides elsewhere. I believe you need xstream installed on the comp with satellite as well.

CGTalk Moderation
04-25-2007, 11:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.