PDA

View Full Version : cartoon ish animation motion blur

marioucci
04-01-2002, 11:47 PM
hello wavers,

my question is about motion blur.
suppose i have road runner character running
i want his legs totally blurred, but the upper part of his body is still in motion(seconday animation and stuff).
now if i add a motion blur on this, the upper body will have some subtle motion blur too. AND I DONT WANT THAT!!!! i want a per surface/parts motion blur. can i have that with lightwave??
thanks a lot,
loggie

jereader
04-02-2002, 12:05 AM
You could use vector blur and have the upper body be a seperate object from the legs (I'm pretty sure that vector blur can be applied per-object), or you could do seperate animations (one for upper body with the legs still, one for legs with the upper body still, and composite the two together.

Those are just my ideas, maybe someone else has something more elegant...

Tudor
04-02-2002, 12:22 AM
found this on flay:

http://www.flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=1042

http://www.fides.dti.ne.jp/~vajra/lwplugin/index.html

should do the trick

marioucci
04-02-2002, 01:34 AM
hey jereader, tudor, thanks a lot!!! ill try it!
but if the blur acts per object, it means ill have to separate the legs from the upper body??
That i wouldnt like to do.
thats funny, it should be a simple thing to have. a motion blur based on surfaces or based in acceleration or space between keyframes and distances.....
like lattice tools for aanimation. its very simple to accomplish it in maya but in lightwave it needs some weird steps with md scan......

well, lightwave is famous for its modeler and renderer......
thanks a lot m8s:)
loggie

Tudor
04-02-2002, 01:59 AM
I have some faint memory of some experimental feature that let you turn on/off motion blur on object basis (surface?!)

With my memory it was probably something else like unaffected by fog which is now in the program..

There was a thread on flay about experimental feature a year or so ago about this. Can't seem to find it now though. Maybe it is too old.

Sometimes I can really see the advantage of a nodebased renderer like Maya or XSI.. there you could most likely just bypass motionblur for a surface.

rendermonkey23
04-02-2002, 03:30 AM
this could quite possibly take under 2 seconds in max. :)

marioucci
04-02-2002, 03:45 AM
hhhmmmmm sorry render,
this is much more i can stand looking at max:buttrock:
just teasing:) would love to have those and some more features in lw....
btw, whats up man!!!!! hows school goin??
loggie

rendermonkey23
04-02-2002, 04:01 AM
well, It was goin good except I was teaching all the students that sat next to me in all my classes. Figured I needed to take a while off to concentrate on my reel cause I just recently passed up a couple great job opportunities cause I didn't have it finished.

Ahh well :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.