PDA

View Full Version : Angle of incidence Vs. Visibility

bigdovii
04-06-2007, 10:38 AM
Hey Guys,
I have a problem with a plane not rendering properly, when the angle of incidence is between 90 and 87 degrees ,most of the plane disappears while everything else in the scene remains visible. The plane has a displacement map on it and parts of it that dont have an angle of incidence between 87 and 90 are still visible.

Any ideas?

bigdovii
04-07-2007, 02:19 AM
Of all the problems I have posted on CGTalk, I am rarely offered a solution, are my problems weird or just boring? <-- is this an easier question to answer :P

thematt
04-07-2007, 09:48 AM
pictures would help understanding the problem, and people would be able to help better..right now I think it's to hard to understand what the real problem is, a it looks to me like it's normal behavior.

cheers

bigdovii
04-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Hello,
In the picture attached you will see the wall rendering fine from 2 angles, the third bigger picture has the wall rendered at an angle of incidence of 87degrees and most of the wall has disappeared, except the inside edge of the door frame. The ground and some bits of the awning that are not displacement mapped are rendering fine. This is the best I can explain it, thanks for your time :)

MaNdRaK18
04-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Try reducing the near clip plane and see what happens.

bigdovii
04-10-2007, 01:31 AM
I forgot to mention, my first thought was that is was a near clipping plane problem (currently set at 0.001), but changing them made no difference. It doesnt matter how far away from the object you are, just as soon as you get within those few degrees, parts start disappearing

CGTalk Moderation
04-10-2007, 01:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.