PDA

View Full Version : Floating Ecosystem objects HELP!

Jadan
04-06-2007, 02:39 AM
I am creating an animation where the camera flies through a canyon. I just noticed that I have plants that are floating above the terrain! :shrug:

I remember seeing a posting somewhere where they discussed this problem, however I can't remember where i saw it. So I was wondering if any of you have seen this happen in your work and how I can remedy that situation. The only thing I can think is that it was caused by me painting the ecosystem on the terrain... but how to fix it?

Please help! :sad:

IvanB
04-07-2007, 12:13 PM
Hi,

I think when you painted your plants, you may have moved the terrain, creating a gap...try repositioning your terrain.

Jadan
04-08-2007, 03:26 AM
You know, you are probably 100% correct. I rotated the terrain at one point.:scream: I was under the assumption that the terrain that I had created, was from the material attached to the terrain, so I wouldn't get a dislocated ecosystem. I really wish they would resolve this issue. Its just plain annoying. :shrug: Thanks for adding your two cents!

IvanB
04-08-2007, 05:11 AM
Ok heres what to do,

first up its not really an error, cos you can use this technique to create a flock of bires etc....Create a terrain and use your material editor, select ecosystem and add your plants, then paint them on from within the material editor...this way the plants stay attached.

Hope it helps.

CGTalk Moderation
04-08-2007, 05:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.