PDA

View Full Version : installing metal ray!

perry9394
03-08-2003, 06:41 PM
i just downloaded metal ray plug-in for my maya 4.5 and i installed it following the instruction, but i cant load it up at the plug-in manager ( actually i cant even see the "Mayatomr.mll" option from the menu), anyone installed the plug-in successfully and able to help me out here? Thz alot!:beer:

stunndman
03-08-2003, 07:02 PM
maybe the mental-ray plugin (Mayatomr.mll) isn't in the plug-in path - verify that the path was appended to the environment variable MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH

perry9394
03-08-2003, 07:51 PM
so what should i do, copy the .mll file and paste it into maya\bin\plug-ins folder?? i duuno how to open the maya environment file!

stunndman
03-08-2003, 08:24 PM
start->settings->control panel->system->advanced->Environment Variables...

in the system variable list there should be a variable named MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH

find the file Mayatomr.mll on your disk - append the path to the variable (by editing it)

e.g. my path list C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\maya\4.5\plugins;C:\AW\mental ray for Maya 1.5\plug-ins

perry9394
03-09-2003, 02:06 AM
oh, it's wried in my case, there is no such path in the variables list, so i create a new one and link it to the "..\mental ray for Maya 1.5\plug-ins", now i can see the Mayatomr option in the plug-in menu, but when i load it, it says the follows:

file -f -new;
select -cl;
// Result: ./untitled //
// mental ray for Maya 1.5.1
// Error: Cannot find procedure "mentalrayForMaya_v15". //
// Error: (Mayatomr) : setup command execution failed //
// Error: initializePlugin function failed (Mayatomr) //

i actually uninstalled it completely and installed it again, but it still happened.

stunndman
03-09-2003, 02:15 AM
ok, obviously the installation somehow fails to modify the necessary environment variables

now the error indicates that maya can't find the script containing this procedure (mentalrayForMaya_v15)

now add/edit another environment variable named MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH - add the path to the scripts folder from your mental-ray program folder

e.g. C:\Program Files\mental ray for Maya 1.5\scripts

perry9394
03-09-2003, 03:37 AM
yeah, it works now :bounce: , thz alot, besides, allow me to share this experience with my classmates, thank you for them !!:applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.