PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to cut out vue plants in maya render?

ssossong
04-05-2007, 11:53 PM
I guess I'm on another stumbling block on working with Vue6xStream plug-in in Maya.
I have bunch of pots stacked up in maya and I've painted gasses and flowers from Vue and brought it over so plants grow in betwen pots. I realized I need to render pots and vue plants seperatly. However, when I put all the shaders for pots as "blackhole," I would see the whole length of the flowers and grasses as if there are no pots 'blackhole-ing' them. I also tried assigning 'use background' shader on the pots, but still same effect. I guess 'blackhole' mode in shader and 'usebackground' shader has no effect on vue plants?
Can anyone please~help me out to overcome this issue..?

ACamacho
04-18-2007, 01:42 PM
I've just started using Vue and have been trying to figure out the best way to do this also. I tried a simple test of trees and grass and a large sphere in front of them. When I set the shader to "black hole", the sphere seemed to disappear. So in trying to figure out why Vue does that, I found that using a surface shader with the Matte Opacity set to "0.001" instead of 0 will cut out the sphere correctly. Because the value is at "0.001", there might be a very slight transparency but could be fixed in a compositing program. Hope it helps.

CGTalk Moderation
04-18-2007, 01:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.