PDA

View Full Version : Computer to TV solutions info request

Chewey
03-08-2003, 05:02 PM
I'm looking for an computer based alternative to vhs tape and am looking at Vivo type pvr solutions for recording a couple of tv series.

I thought I'd start out with a basic homebuild using an intel 2.8 gigahz or more with a couple of 80+ drives and mucho ram. Maybe add in a Sony dvd burner later.

I'm not looking for extremely high quality but I would like to find a reasonably decent quality video card solution to capture the tv video and also allow me to play it back out to the tv monitor.

Any advice as to what graphics card is up to this? I've been looking at the eVGA GeForce4 Ti 4600 8X 128MB DDR w/ VIVO.
:hmm:

ggg
03-08-2003, 10:24 PM
i don't have experience with that card, but have had trouble with other similar cards for consitent full screen playback, but no problems with a basic cheap firewire connector and a sony media converter dvmc-da2 or camcorder for capturing and playing back full screen DV on external monitor, but DV files are big and unlikely the right solution for capturing TV shows especially needing to be codec converted for the DVD burning later.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.