PDA

View Full Version : my Flash online portfolio

DanielWichterich
03-08-2003, 02:07 PM
Hi!
I just made my first Flash Page and would be glad for some comments/critics. I made it for presenting pictures (3D) and short clips I made.

And I have got a concrete question: The page reacts on keyboard input. But after you left the window (e.g. following a link) and come back to my page it does not react anymore on keyboard input. Only when you click into the window it works fine again. I would appreciate any help!

Ok, enough talk - here is it:
my Flash online portfolio (http://www.daniel.fireworkpictures.de/)

Daniel

jadedchron
03-08-2003, 08:35 PM
The page reacts on keyboard input. But after you left the window (e.g. following a link) and come back to my page it does not react anymore on keyboard input. Only when you click into the window it works fine again.

It's goign to do that because flash needs the window to be in focus, and the only way to give it focus is to click in it.

as far as a critique.. music on any website is very annoying especially if you're listening to music already, and then you have to hear that. i would suggest atleast putting a sound on/off button. another thing on the first page where it says click here.. you need to make a hit spot over the button- since the click here isn't really click here .. it's more of click over there. the vertical 'online portfolio' or whatever needs to be moved up.. it kinda is cut off at the bottom. the idea in general is overdone especially when there is only 2 things to look at. if this is a portfolio for just messin' around then by all means leave it, but if i were a prospecting employer and i looked at the site i would've left within .3 seconds.

another thing you should put hotspots or the action places (such as on the front of hte projector) on all sides of the object.. so you don't have to be in a certain spot but rather near the object on any side.

gl,
-j

DanielWichterich
03-09-2003, 10:43 AM
At first, thanks for your comment.
But there must be a way to give the focus by use of Java Script. Maybe someone else has an idea?

-There IS a possibilty to turn the music off (by talking to the Rastaman) but maybe I should turn the music by default off.
-"you need to make a hit spot over the button- since the click here isn't really click here .." - Sorry I do not really understand. I tested it: on Mouse Over the cursor turns to a hand symbol and when I click on it something happens - isn't that everything that makes a button a button?!
-Oh... and the thing with the cut off "online Portfolio"... er... that's intention but you will come to that ;)

Greetings
Daniel

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.