PDA

View Full Version : Envelope problem in max

LiorO
04-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Hi,
I got this very strange problem in max.
I got my character fully boned with a sking modifier.
When I started working on the envelope I suddently saw that some vertices are selected as part of the bone (weight=1), these vertices are out of the inner and outer envelopes.
I tried to remove them by setting weight 0, I tried to exclude them, changing the envelopes size (inner and outer) doesn't affect them at all.
Where did they came from? why can't I modify them? Do I need to 'apply' the changes I've done to the vertices?
Please help :) I got no sleep in the last two days....

Thanks a lot.

EricDLegare
04-05-2007, 12:40 AM
I would suggest that you try giving those vertices to another bone...

If they are only at 1 on 1 bone, if you get the weight to 0 it cannot be distributed :(

Because you can't have non-asignated vertices ...

So giving weights to other bones on those vertices should fix your problem :deal:

Aritz
04-05-2007, 03:27 AM
When you apply a skin modifier to an object, and before you assign a list of bones, go to Advanced Parameters and uncheck Weight All Vertices. Otherwise all the vertices outside the envelopes gets influenced to the nearest bone.

LiorO
04-08-2007, 04:44 PM
Hi,
Thanks a lot for both of you.
I didn't know all vertices must be assigned and that it will be assigned to the nearest one.
I fixed some other bones to assign these vertices and it solved the problem.

Thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
04-08-2007, 04:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.