PDA

View Full Version : A little work i did ...

everlite
04-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Hey guys,

Apologies in advance, not quite related but just wanted to share a little work i did recently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlvZ_vCcLhE

I built/animated and textured the main little droid who flys on in and animated the surrounding 4 robots around the bar.

- Dave.

everlite
04-04-2007, 12:00 PM
And here's a matte painting i'm currently working on, more related this time :) the left balcony is 3d, while the rest is photo comped, again it's still very early but an idea in progress.

http://www.thedaveidentity.co.uk/web/asian_ls.jpg

Matellis
04-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Hey David really nice stuff! the new matte painting is looking sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. Thou i think maybe you should use a different photo for the womans jacket . I can see some istockphoto letters there ;)

Cheers

everlite
04-04-2007, 04:46 PM
Hey mate, cheers.

D'oh, caught in the act :) What i usually do is just blitz istock for photos and screen grab the previews just for composition, see what work and what doesn't, i'll then pick out the ones that work and go and download the highres versions. See below, this is generally what a low res concept looks like before i commit to buying ...

http://www.thedaveidentity.co.uk/web/comp1.jpg

- Dave

SebKaine
04-04-2007, 08:02 PM
hi everlite !

I like the concept and the composition of your matte ! But maybe it's me but i think there is a scale problem with the waterfalls. They looks really little in scale in your image , but the image itself remind me HUGE waterfalls. Then the persp of the elements in the right bottom of the pictures looks OFF . So to resume i think that some Scale and Persp little pb could be enhanced ...

Then you can be able to put a great Main Light , and a true contrast beetween your Focal point and secondary elements , in order to give a True MOOD to your matte !

Cheers

SK

everlite
04-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Thanks, do you mean in relation to the forground elements? the waterfall itself is a single image with the near trees and river. The far background is comped from various images and the forground itself is seperate again. Expand on what you mean if you can.

Cheers - Dave.

SebKaine
04-04-2007, 10:07 PM
year this is the contrast beetween the size of your character + balcony and the size of the waterfalls. In fact the flow looks to be very strong in your waterfalls, and such power may come from huge one , i guess something like niagara falls :). And if i imagine your character near those waterfalls in your perspective, it seems that they won't look big enough. You know i'm not an expert so maybe it's my own perception.

everlite
04-04-2007, 10:18 PM
I think i see where you're going, though the girl and balcony are in the foreground, the river is in the midground, some distance between her and the river itself, if you notice there's a hill that goes down. It's about 100 feet or more between the two. The balcony isn't on the river itself, is this what you mean?

Anyone else see this problem? maybe i should come up with a way to seperate the two more.

Cheers.

- Dave.

CGTalk Moderation
04-04-2007, 10:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.